Two Friends' Ploy

The Eden instructor sat in a slouch as he waited for his pink-haired student to finish the exam.

'Her classmates were done forty-five minutes ago. Until when is she going to make me wait? My plan to finish early is completely shattered.' He took a deep sigh.

Meanwhile, a focused Anya finally got to the last item in her exam paper.

'The right triangle has the following sides: opposite, adjacent, and ____...' she read silently.

'Anya reviewed this with Becky... It's... It's...'

She lightly tapped the back of her pencil to her chin.

'Hmmm!' She carefully spelled her answer.

'Hippopotenuse.'

"I'm done!" she exclaimed.

As soon as he heard her speak, the instructor scampered to get her precious exam paper.

"Ah! Very well, Miss Forger! Enjoy the rest of the afternoon," he said.

And then, in a snap of a finger, Anya was all alone in the Cecile Hall classroom. She went to find her things tucked in the corner of the room.

'My brain's all fried, I need my World Class Peanuts.' She took her bag and proceeded to the cafeteria.

As soon as she entered, her eyes were caught at once by Becky. Wait, no — her attention was immediately captured by the pack of peanuts Becky waved at her, which caused Anya to sprint in her direction.

Anya grabbed the pack and consumed it right away.

"I knew you'd come running over if I show you that!" Becky teased.

"You'd be waving not to Anya if I reacted differently," she said while happily munching the peanuts.

"You're right!" Becky took a finger off her snack.

"Why are you still here, Becky?" Anya inquired.

"Well, there is something I want to ask you... Do you have plans tomorrow?"

"Hmmm... Anya will watch spy movies tomorrow! I couldn't watch it recently because... Papa was cruel. Good thing Mama recorded it for me."

"I see! But... umm... can you watch it on Sunday instead?" Becky asked again.

Anya looked at her friend with a quizzical expression. She then read her mind. 'I wish Anya would come with me there! It'll be more fun if we're together!'

'There? Where?' Anya thought.

"Is there somewhere you wish to go to?" Anya asked Becky.

"I... haven't told you that, how did you know? Please, come with me, it's going to be fun!" Becky pleaded.

'Anya wants to have fun watching spy movies but Becky wants me around,' she thought.

"Anya wants to watch, but maybe I can come with you, Becky," Anya told her.

"Really? Thank you, Anya!" Becky replied.

They then heard their names being called at the counter for their smoothies. Anya volunteered to fetch them from the woman a few meters away.

While watching Anya do the little chore, Becky got lost in her thoughts.

'Anya said yes so we're set for tomorrow, but...' She sighed softly.

'...I want her to enjoy it as much as I would. She's not a chaperone, she's my dearest friend!' She saw her friend reach out for their drinks.

'Well, I have to find a way to make it fun and memorable for her somehow.'