It's In the Little Things

Author's Note:

It's been a while since I did an early release!

I hope you'll love it as much as I do. Let me know what you think in the comments section!

Hope you're good, okay? Sending love!

-Iacrya

~~~~~

Becky left school right away after their afternoon classes while Anya decided to go to the library before starting her composition.

As soon as Anya left the classroom, Bill stood before her, waving his hands.

"H-Hello, Anya!"

Anya already expected him, having heard her name in Bill's mind before she went out the door. She wondered why.

"Hi, Bill! Anya is surprised to see you here," she said nicely. He noticed how the boy was playing with his fingers in front of her. 'Is he nervous? He didn't do anything wrong for Anya to punch him.'

"Well, I - uh- heard it was your birthday, so I thought I'd greet you." Bill said, his cheeks heating up.

'Oh...' Anya smiled at him widely.

"Anya's birthday was yesterday, but Anya is happy you came here to greet me!"

"Really?" Bill said with delight, his face now starting to show a tinge of red. "I - uh - also have something for you."

Bill quickly opened his bag. He has always observed Anya with Becky in the cafeteria, and it did not escape his notice that she ate peanuts ninety percent of the time.

"Happy birthday, Anya!" he said, handing out a pack of World Class Peanuts.

Anya's eyes sparkled at the present.

"Wow! Thank you, Bill!"

Bill's heart melted as he watched Anya in pure joy taking hold of his little gift. His face gradually painted a deeper shade.

"S-Sure! I am happy you like it," he told the bright little girl. "Anyway, are you going somewhere?"

"Oh, I am going to the library to study."

"I see..."

It was then that Bill noticed three pairs of eyes glaring at him by the entrance door of Cecile Hall classroom, the hazel ones itching to butt into his precious conversation. Bill smirked in his head and wondered- should he pressure him? Should he lead the princess away from this turtle-speed scion, always enraged whenever bested over Anya?

But he knew better. The glares he currently receives forebode a commotion. And the last thing he wanted was for Anya to become upset.

"Huh? Is everything alright, Bill?" Anya asked, catching his thoughts about her being upset made her wonder.

Bill looked at Anya, admiring her even more. Seriously, how can someone be this perceptive?

"Nothing," he replied, redirecting his full attention to Anya. "I will no longer hold you off. You should go to the library to study, Anya." He reached out his right hand for a handshake.

"Yes! Thank you for coming to greet me and give me peanuts, Bill! You made Anya happy!" Anya shook his hand, electrifying Bill by her touch. She proceeded to the library with her books and pack of peanuts, leaving Bill with a racing heartbeat.

Bill stood still as he watched Anya disappear around the corner, anticipating the three shadows' approach.

"Haven't changed, huh, Desmond? Still very slow," he addressed Damian.