Mommy?

Alcinas point of view

Oh no.
Oh no.
No.
"Alcina let me in." Donna. Her rough tone spoke through the door.
"Yes, yes I'll be there in Just a moment."
"Who's mommy?" Evan said while wiggling around. Her eyebrows knitted together, obviously trying to put the pieces together.
"Alcina." Again Donna.
"Babes stay here." Walking towards the door, I heard pacing. Once the door was opened, Donna came bursting through.
"Where is my niece?"
"Donna hold on a moment, I have to change her."
"No Alcina you have another daughter and you only now tell me when you need me to make her outfits."
"Donna its nothing like that."
"Am I mommy?" Evan asked while pointing to herself.
"Oh my, you are adorable." Donna seemingly forgot she was mad at me, and rushed to coo at Evan.
"This conversation is not over." Never mind. She must be very upset.
"Are you my mommy?" Donna your mother. Ha never. Well not never. She is one of your god parents.
"No no, Evan she is not your mommy."
"Then who?" Might as well tell her the truth.
"Well babes, I was hoping I could be your mommy." Oh please say yes.
"You mommy, my mommy?" Was that a yes?
"If thats what you want darling." Please say yes
With out warning, Evan lunged at me.
"Only my mommy, no one else." Wow did not peg her to be possessive.
"Babes what about the girls?" She whined in response. Cuddling closer to me.
"Hate to break it to you Alcina, but the little one wants no one messing with her mama."
"Yes." Evan whispered.
"Oh but the girls would be ever so sad, if they didn't have me as mama, or having you has their sister." She perked up hearing that.
"Sister, who sister?"
"Bela, Cassandra, and Dani."
"Mmmm, If they my sister, than you can be their mommy and mine?" Did she just trick herself into thinking she just gave them a mother? Silly girl.
"I suppose."
"Aww now, who wants a hat?" Donna said enthusiastically.
"HAT!" Jeez this kid has some lungs.
"Babes inside voice."
"But mommy hat." Evan called me mommy. My heart hurts but in a good way.
"Oh yes your hat, but first little miss you still need a pull-up, because I see your buns." She erupted into squeals when I started tickling her.
"No, big girl, I'm a big girl." She protested.
"I know you are babes, and even big girls wear pull-ups."
"Really?" She looked up at me with big doe eyes.
"Yes, now to get your hat, you need to wear the pull-up, okay?"
She huffed, but laid back on the bed.
I changed her quickly, and placed her in a sweater, that use to be Cassandra's so its a little big.
"Lets go get you a hat."