Chap 16: Path to Reconcilation

Jiang Cheng's Pov:

It wasn't til the late morning the next day that Lan Sizhui was discharged from the medical room and was deemed able to travel again. Even though Jiao Yang was still out there somewhere, everyone was in bright spirits (pun totally not intended).

Lan Sizhui stops in front of Jiang Cheng and performs a bow, "I hope to see you again soon, Jiang-shushu." The young man smiles.

Then his nephew and Wen Ning board their sedan boat with everyone's luggage. It was a different boat this time, since the other one got blown up yesterday during the fight with Jiao Yang.

Wei Wuxian blinked a few times at his brother like he couldn't believe his eyes and ears. "Did Ah-Yuan just call you shushu? When did that happen?"

"I went to check up on Lan Sizhui yesterday...before speaking with you..." Jiang Cheng gasped when the other man put a hand on his shoulder.

Wei Wuxian squeezed his shoulder, "Thanks. And I'm sorry I ever doubted that you cared about Sizhui."

There Wei Wuxian goes again thinking no one cares about him. Jiang Cheng became embarassed as he said this. "...I care about you too, you know."

"Aw~"

Wounds were raw and painful. What was said had been said, what was done had been done. 

The history between the two brothers didn't get erased, but they were able to grow and move pass from it. And though the relationship they once had as brothers was still not fixed, they were on the right path to starting anew.

The brothers stand on the docks again, bidding their individual goodbyes without any animosity held towards each other.

"Are you sure you don't need our help? Jiao Yang has already proved to be very dangerous." Even though Wei Wuxian had taken most of Jiao Yang's resentful energy away, Jiao Yang could still have some hidden trick up his sleeve.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes and replied annoyedly, "Yes. I don't need your help!"

He softens his tone and amends himself when Wei Wuxian's happy demeanor drooped slightly. "I can handle this, you don't have to be worried." Jiang Cheng assures, "You and Hanguang Jun have done more than enough. This, this is something I have to do on my own."

Wei Wuxian stares at him for a long moment then sighs, "Okay, I trust you. I know you can take care of yourself, my didi is a Sect Leader after all." Wei Wuxian smiles warmly at him.

Jiang Cheng will never admit it to anyone,(even on his death bed) that hearing Wei Wuxian call him didi always makes that cavity in his heart feel whole again. He puts a hand on Wei Wuxian's shoulder, "Thank you."

Wei Wuxian beamed brightly at him, eyes like crescents. Jiang Cheng caves at his brother's smile, "Don't make me regret this......I'm letting you hug me for four to five seconds."

Instantly, Wei Wuxian's eyes light up with mischief and excitement fills his voice, "Forty-five seconds!!??"

"No, four to five seconds! Four to five--"¹

"Too late!" Wei Wuxian barrels into him and wraps him up in a tight hug. Although Jiang Cheng grumbled at Wei Wuxian to let go of him, he still returned the hug eagerly.

After a few seconds, he slaps Wei Wuxian on the back affectionately. "Lotus Pier will always welcome you and your family, don't forget that idiot."

Wei Wuxian hums in acknowledgement, "Cloud Recesses welcomes you too, didi. Don't be a stranger, okay?"

"Yeah." Jiang Cheng smiles softly. He glances to the side and sees Lan Wangji smiling fondly at the both of them. Lan Wangji abruptly frowns when he realises Jiang Cheng's eyes are on him.

Jiang Cheng not so lovingly gives him the finger.

Wei Wuxian luckily doesn't notice his husband glaring holes into his brother and parts from their hug. He ruffles Jiang Cheng's hair with a loud laugh, then runs away before Jiang Cheng can yell at him for doing so.

Jiang Cheng rolls his eyes but doesn't chase after him or yell at him. He smooths out his hair and fixes his guan as best as he could, all while acting as grumpy as possible. He decided to let Wei Wuxian off this time.

"Bye, Cheng-Cheng!" Wei Wuxian waved.

"Don't call me that!" Jiang Cheng replied with no real heat to it and waved back.

Wei Wuxian turns to Lan Wangji, "Let's go, Lan Zhan." Lan Wangji nods and they both board the sedan boat. Once the couple were on, the boat began drifting away from the platform and the people on board were rowed away.

As the boat rowed out of view until it was just a mere dot in the distance, Jiang Cheng's soft expression changed into one that was cold as steel. He spun on his heel and marched back towards the direction of the Jiang compound with his hand on Sandu's hilt.

He marches towards the gazebo where he first spoke with Jiao Yang, a gut feeling telling him that Jiao Yang would no doubt be there. Jiang Cheng carried an aura so deathly that the servants passing by made sure to steer away from him, lest they get taken down for being in his way.

Former Jiang disciple or not, Jiang Cheng is going to make Jiao Yang pay for what he did.
.
.
.
A/n:

*¹No, four to five seconds! Four to five--now obviously this joke doesn't work if in the original language, but let's just ignore that...