Bonus Chapter--SHJ

A/n: the following are scenes and interactions between Jiang Cheng and Shu Jinghua that I was unable to put into the book without dragging it out.

The following is technically one of my headcanons regarding Jiang Cheng, which I think fits with his character and isn't too OOC.
.
.
.

Advisor's name: Shu Jinghua
Her wife's name: Yan Ruyi

Descriptions:

Shu Jinghua is a middle-aged woman in her late forties and many regard her as attractive for her age. She's tall and dresses in light purples, but wears light greys when she's in Qinghe. Her skin is tan and she has a square-ish jawline.

Reference:
Asian Actress, Ming Na Wen

Jinghua is married to a woman named Yan Ruyi, and has one daughter, Shu Mei Ling (19)

Jinghua is married to a woman named Yan Ruyi, and has one daughter, Shu Mei Ling (19). Her wife is an instructor at Qinghe, Nie. Her eldest daughter, Mei Ling, is a servant/disciple of Jiang sect.
.
.
.

Scene: Flirting with a married woman

As advisor (and the only person able to hold Jiang Cheng back from strangling someone he didn't like), one of Shu Jinghua's duties was to accompany Jiang Cheng to cultivation conferences.

Coincidentally, they were at one now.

"Psst! Ah-Hua!" Yan Ruyi calls from where she sits at the Nie sect table, her voice bounces off the large halls of the Huang clan's banquet hall. Shu Jinghua sighs at the volume but excuses herself from Jiang Cheng's side and makes her way to Ruyi's side.

They both stand at a dark corner of the room so they can have some privacy.

"Must we attend this conference?" Yan Ruyi laments into her wife's shoulder. "It's so boring and I don't even understand half of the things they say in there."

Cultivation conferences were like world summits. Sect leaders gather at a big, fancy building and are treated to refreshments and get to stay in fancy rooms (at least that's what the author assumes is what happens at these things).

"And must you sit so far away? Can't you just remain at my side for the rest of the afternoon?" Yan Ruyi adds.

"You know exactly why we can't do that, Ah-Yi. We aren't youths anymore, we have responsibilities." Jinghua replies, also secretly upset she can't be next to her wife and be holding her hand.

"But I miss you~" Ruyi pouts like a child, bending her neck over so that she could she snuggle into her wife's neck. She was not only a tall woman, but also a very muscular one.

Her job as a sword instructor had given her firm and large muscles (though her enthusiam for food did make her have a round belly), so seeing her act this way (even if it's with her wife) can be a peculiar sight.