Chapter 19: Secret operations are essential in war

Oslo,  Norway

Holiday thought back to when he'd operated deep cover in the Moscow embassy as a cultural attaché and his training through decades of fieldwork; had made him what he was today, an effective and efficient handler of Night drop and Red. The world was becoming more dangerous each moment and with new threats rising; Like a Headshot, Night drop was needed. He knew that if Huntley sold Thunderstorm to Rogue countries or even to Russia, there would be stopping them. And every CIA, and MI6 Operating under deep cover would be assassinated by these unstoppable assassins.

He despises people like Huntley who only cared about making a profit from a new war or Cold War at whatever cost, all the work he had done in the past with Miguel in Moscow would be undone by headshot He would be marked man hunted by Russian assassins for the rest of his life, Eric might be even hunted down and almost killed. Well, he wasn't going to let that happen. Plus, there were certain secrets he'd Kept along with details of the assets he'd gathered over the years when he had operated in Moscow.

He reached into his pocket, as he removed his burner entered ten digits encrypted number for President Roberts at the White House, although he'd run Night drop and was Red's handler he only to President Roberts. After all, she'd authorized the black-on-black Solo operation.

He was aware Huntley had powerful assets high up in the echelons of the Pentagon who liked Thunderstorm and what it represented for them: An unstoppable army of assassins for covert operations on foreign soil or profit was good for them. 

He figured and knew that Callan had provided him with the assets he needed to keep Headshot in business, which meant he was going to need an ally and President Roberts was the perfect one. The key to bringing down the assassin organization network of assassins was Trond Gunner. Maybe they could even recruit him as an asset to work for them.

-----------------------

President Roberts grabbed the phone on the Resolute desk as she answered and asked "Holiday this unexpected from you what I can do for you?"

"Madame President, I'm going to need you as an ally, I know that you authorized black solo operation. I think Huntley is going to be a problem for us, " he told her.

"Holiday, Don't worry about Huntley. You got my full support from my administration," She stated.

"Thunderstorm is a CIA black ops program to create unstoppable assets Madame President, if Huntley sells that advanced technology to a rogue country or Russia they will have the upper hand on us and that wouldn't be good for us," Eric explained to President Roberts.

"We can't let that happen Holiday," She told him.

"Red, won't let that happen I assure you Madame President, he remarked ending the conversation on his burner.

While Huntley was a fixer, he was a former spy who had run and handled his network of assets in Russia and outsmarted some of the toughest foreign agents and assassins, so in a way, he wasn't a problem for him. If Huntley wanted a war, he would bring it to him. There was always a powerful General or even Politician willing to make some profits from some war, either if it meant betraying your country. He could see headlines now if a heated war broke out between Russia and the US. The spokesman for Headshot says President Roberts wanted a war while the Kremlin denies any plans to attack or involvement.

Still, he had to figure out who Headshot's target was, that they were going to order a hit on. That was going to be risky. Everything was pointing to this party in Corfu, Greece and Thunderstorm. Miguel had once told him when he was trained at the CIA farm secret training camp not to miss anything and question everything, he'd taken the advice he had operated under deep cover. So that was what he was going to do now.