Chapter: 7 Appear weak are you strong

Oslo, Norway

Eric's pov:

Eric grabbed his Hardigg storm from underneath the bed, along with some spare ammo. He headed out of the room, walking over to the elevator. There was something about Gunner that he didn't trust, He didn't know what it was but whatever it kept nagging at him. The doors slide, and  he stepped in. There were several questions he'd gone over in his mind. He'd been to Salvard before to know that the Russians were mining there. But what would Headshot want with that?  

As a sniper, he'd been in some tight troubled spots when he had been  Afghanistan, there was nothing that he couldn't handle. The only way to find out if Gunner could be trusted was to see what Oslo embassy had to say. But if he was part of a classified Unit he had  a feeling that they wouldn't know anything about E14. A few seconds later the doors opened as he strolled out and headed out through the doors.

He made his way over to the Hummer, grabbing the back door and tossed in his Hardigg case, slamming the door. Reaching into his pocket inside his jacket, he pulled out a GPS tracking device and slipped it under the Hummer before heading over to the passenger-side. Grabbing the door, he slides in and closed the door behind him. In his experience, nothing is for certain. Even the slightest detail could expose this Norwegian agent, maybe even asset for Headshot. That's why he was going to check out at the Oslo embassy.

"I need to make a quick stop at Us Embassy to check in with the CIA Station chief there," Eric says, as his eyes narrow on the Glock in the agent shoulder holster.

Trond tilted his head as the corner of his eyes and he scowled " I told you before that Oslo embassy wants nothing to do you and your solo operation" 

After they left The Thief, they drove through the streets of the city as they sped through the busy traffic that consumed the streets at this hour

 Eric glanced out the window of the Hummer at the people strolling down the sidewalk, as they peered into the store's window's and walking into one of the cafes to sit down for something to eat. When he wasn't on a solo operation for the CIA, he liked to read a lot of spy thrillers, and of course to go shooting range to shoot his weapons at the target.

If the embassy's station chief provided accurate information, there would be no reason to worry. There was always the chance that Headshot might have the station chief on payroll. Which could turn out to be bad. He found  it odd that the Gunner Immediately showed up at the shooting range instead of looking into Stenberg? They pulled up into the parking lot of a grayish-green two-story building that was the embassy.

As he exited the Hummer, he tightly gripped the door handle, feeling anxious about entering the embassy. He was an operator who had never set foot inside one. Closing the door behind him, he strolled over to the glass doors. The marine grabbed the doors for him. Walking over to the metal detector in the corridor, the security guard nodded at him to put his weapons on the tray before he strode through it.

Eric withdrew his .50 caliber semiautomatic pistol, placing it on the tray and reached down, pulled out his high-powered browning from his ankle holster. He placed it on the tray too before grabbing his K-Bar fighting knife from his sheath on the back of the pants. He strolled the metal detector as Inna Davenport, the CIA station, strode down the corridor wearing an elegant white dress shirt in a conservative jacket. Her Sig P320 Xcompact was holstered in her Black Point Tactical min-wig.

Her eyes narrowed on Eric as her eyebrows rose. " Red what are you doing here I told Gunner that your solo operation here is over."

His eyes bore into Inna as he sized up, and says " I looked at Gunner 201 file on NCIC, I think he was involved in the Ambassador assassination somehow. I need see to see the footage from it."

Inna scowled. " Why Gunner would be involved in the Norwegian Ambassador assassination Yes, I, know about it, we found the assassin and the casing?"

"He could be an asset for Headshot you never know," Eric inquired.

Eric could tell by the expression Davenport face, that she knew more than she was willing to him tell. What she was trying to hide from, He thought to himself. He knew that Norwegians had strict data laws so he decided he it was best to share something with her in return. In his line of work sharing intel was dicey and risky, but he was going to take a chance here.

"Emlin Fellen Medusa, Eric says

Inna froze for a second hearing that name, she knew who it was, but that wasn't what scared her. It was the fact that if HeadShot found out she betray them by showing the footage of the assassination they'd have her eliminated. She took in all the weapons on the tray and figured Red wasn't someone who was going to the word of a Station chief for it. She nodded in agreement and gestured with her hand for him to follow her to her office.

Eric followed Inna up the corridor as they strode over to a private elevator. Inna entered a secure code as the doors slid open, and they stepped in. He noticed that she looked tense, that her eyes flashed with fear. A couple seconds later, the doors opened on the second floor, as they walked out and strolled down the hall to her office. She grabbed the door handle as she opened the door and they entered into a Norwegian stylish, spacious office.

Inna motioned for Eric to have a seat in a chair across from her desk, as she walked around to her chair and sat down in. She bit her lip before speaking. "Look, You don't how powerful and dangerous they are or what they are capable of doing. Trust me, I didn't have a choice, Red."

Eric's eyes widened as he snarled, his lips drew back in a snarl as he slammed his fist down on her desk. "Show me the god dam footage or you'll see what I'm capable of ?"

Inna  opened the second drawer on her desk, and removed the disc containing the footage from CCTV surveillance cameras before she handed it over to him, she says " Red, what I was supposed to do, if they didn't what they said they told me maybe one I would be killed in car explosion or from high caliber round from a sniper rifle." 

She slid the disc across the desk over to Eric, he snatched, as he studied her,maybe she was telling him the truth about everything, still he owned suspicions and one of them was the order to her to have Gunner to tell that his op was finished had to come up from someone up higher up in  the echelons of the Norwegian government.

He rose from where he was sitting, walked over to  the large tv screen attached to the wall and then inserted the disc into the player. Within seconds, the surveillance footage flashed on the screen. He grabbed the chair and moved over to where the screen not too close as he sat down in. His eyes narrowed on the Norwegian Ambassador stepping out of the limousine where he was met by one of his security detail Gunner. His eyes dart over to one of the buildings on the screen, seeing what looks a sniper rifle.

He jolted upright as he froze, there it was what he had been looking for. The instant the round had been fired Gunner's eyes had never darted over to any of the buildings, they remained locked on the ambassador, the gun was either drawn. Okay, he thought to himself, that was strange and suspicious. He ran the scene over and over in his mind, analyzing every second and all the angles. Why he didn't go after the shooter searching every building and look for the casing. That's what he would have done.

Just then, he got a glimpse of reflection of something shiny on the screen. Eric pivoted as his eyes narrowed darted over to Inna seeing a red dot on her. His instincts kicked as he ran with all his might, as he jumped into the line of the sight, a bullet shot through the window shattering it. But it was too late: Davenport was dead. 

He got down on his knees, searching her pocket and finding the keycard for the elevator, but instead decided to take down the staircase. He jumped back on his feet and bolted out of the office, grabbing the door to open the emergency exit, and swung it open. Sprinting down the staircase, he emerged in the main lobby and headed for the tray on the desk near the metal detector. He snatched his two pistols and his fighting knife. 

He slipped his High-powered browning back into his ankle holster, and his knife back into his sheath. Gripping his Desert Eagle Mark XIX in both hands, drawn and ready for anything. He exited out through  the glass doors, and darted over to the Hummer, his eyes narrowed on the driver-side door was swung and that Gunner was nowhere to be seen This wasn't  good at all.  His suspicions were confirmed now.