Chapter 13: Buy a bullet

Cartagena, Spain, Oslo Norway

Emlin's Pov:

Emlin emerged from the safe house wearing her black gore-tex suit, her long black hair tied in a ponytail. Loaded with an arsenal of weapons on her person and a pair of Glock 31 chambered with hollow-pointed rounds strapped on each hip and her reliable Fairbairn-Sykes fighting knife hidden within her stealth. Carrying her Hardigg storm, that contained her FN Batista 338 Lapua rifle. The black-clad wet job team strode out behind her, FN FAL clutched in their grip. They headed over to the armor GMC as the black-clad mercenary grabbed the back door for her; she slid into the back with two of the gunmen. The mercenary closed the door behind her.

He climbed into the driver-side of the GMC, closing the door behind him while the rest got in too. The remainder of the team slid into the two armored GMCs behind the first one. Their orders were clear: Gunner must not make out of the safe house alive. Emlin had gone through the details of the assault plan in her mind. As they drove to the Private hangar across the street from the Airport, she knew this was going to be a bloodbath to the end.

They sped through the security gate, arriving at the hangar and parked to halt the black-clad mercenary stepped and grabbed the back door for Emlin as she climbed out with two gunmen behind her. The expression on her darkened and hardened. She headed over to the  private aircraft  that awaited them as she glanced at each member of the wet job team as their finger rested on the trigger, ready for the kill. 

Emlin hopped onto the Gulfstream, as did the wet job team, walking over to their seats as they sat. They flew to Oslo and landed outside at a hangar near the airport there. They strode off the steps of the plane, heading over to the Hummers parked outside. The black-clad gunman grabbed the back door of the Hummer. She tossed her sniper rifle case into the back of it.

She slid into the back seat of the Hummer with three of the wet job gunmen while the black-clad mercenary closed the door behind them. It was hard for her to believe that she was actually a skilled assassin now,  she would have never believed when Atticus took under his arms but all the training had paid off. Now she was leading the wet job team to the safe house to eliminate Gunner.

"Listen up Emlin demanded, he'll be waiting for us, so I want two teams to breach fast no hesitant. I'll be overwatch from a distance, waiting to take the kill shot."

The black-clad gunmen mercenaries nodded in agreement with her. They knew that she meant business when she gave them the order to kill, and Plus she was in command to Atticus. The Hummers neared the safe house, dropping her off at a hotel downtown. Emlin stepped out, strode out to the back, and snatched up her Hardigg Storm case, disappearing behind an alleyway between hotel and apartment. She spotted steps leading up to the roof.

She bolted up the steps, clutching her storm case in her grip, she remembered what Atticus told her when he had trained her." Make the kill shot perfect. Take in every, angle counter every move, know every detail." Reaching the roof, she took in the view, noting the wind and the elevation. She headed over to her perch, already down on her knees assembling her FN Batista 338 Lapua and slotted in ten box-round mag.

The Hummers roared to halt in front of the safe, as the black-clad mercenaries leaped, clutching their weapons in their grip.The lead mercenary gestured for them to move in. One of the shooters fired a round through the window, shattering the glass as shards of glass flew everywhere.

Trond jolted from the sofa snatching his Glock, his eyes narrowed on two black-clad gunmen through the shattered window, and no there was sight of Medusa. He knew that she had be on top of a hotel or apartment peering through the scope of her sniper rifle. He raised his pistol as the black-clad mercenary stepped through the window, and fired a shot at him, dropping to the ground.

The assassin darted toward Trond as he opened fire. Trond pulled the trigger on his Glock. The bullet sped out of the barrel like lightning hitting the assassin on his wrist. The MP5 fell  from his grip smashing onto the floor. 

Without warning and hesitation the mercenary reached for his Gerber Guardian blade from his stealth on his booth, and lunged at Trond. Trond sidesteps as the blade slashed him on his arm. He dropped his pistol, glancing at the slash on his arm.

Emlin adjusted the elevation on her sniper rifle, peering through her powerful scope. Her finger rested on the trigger, and her breathing slowed as her target came into focus in her crosshairs. She held her breath, and fired, the rifle recoiled with a scent of gunpowder as a hot smoking landed beside her. The bullet rushed out of the muzzle as it flew out. 

Trond sprinted with all his might, his legs burning all the adrenaline he had, he dove and ducked behind one the of tables as he flipped it over, and the only chance he had to survive was to get to his weapons vault and grab a AK-47 that he could maybe fire shots at them if there was a second team in play. The round smacking the wall near him; he rose to his feet, and darted over to the weapons, not looking back. I should have never trusted Atticus, he thought.

Trond darted into the weapon vault, snatching the AK-47 and spare magazines, he emerged, clutching the automatic machine gun in his grip, and spares mags tucked in his pocket. His eyes darted over to the encrypted disc on the table near his laptop. He knew the moment he had started working for HeadShot as an asset, that sooner or later they would want to terminate him if he didn't need him any more.

"Breach the door now," Emlin ordered through her earpiece to the men on the second team."

The mercenary placed the explosive on the door, and within seconds, the doors exploded. The men stalked, weapons raised as gunshots erupted. Bullets zipped in the air. Trond fired a couple of shots at the men. They opened fire, the expression on their hardened. Sprinting over to the desk with his free hand, he grabbed the file and put it in his pocket.

Emlin punched in an encrypted number for Trond burner, still peering through her scope on her sniper rifle. Just maybe she could talk some reason into him before she took her kill shot.

Trond put down his Ak-K7 slowly, feeling his burner buzzed on the sofa, and bolted over to it, and snatched it up with his hand clicking the accept button before he spoke.

"Gunner,"he replied in a harsh tone.

"Come on Gunner there is no way out for you now, you know too much about our operation of the organization and the mining company. You really want to go out in a shootout where you die?" Emlin stated in a suspicious tone.

"You know Medusa, I never did trust you when I started working for your organization," Trond scowled.  

Trond slammed the burner as he crushed it with the heel of his shoe. Rage flowed through his veins like lava how dare she threaten him, he thought to himself, he darted over to the automatic machine gun and dived for it, snatching as he jolted up on his feet and trained it at one of the men, firing a shot right into his forehead.

Emlin fired a round from her sniper rifle. The bullet ricocheted, caughting his heel, the force of it spun him around, dumping on the shattered table on the floor. Trond accessed his legs, making sure there was no damage. The bullet hadn't hit his leg. Slowly getting back on his feet, gripping the AK-K7 in his hand. His eyes narrowed over to the front entrance where the door used to be, and saw the jeep he had parked it.

He bolted toward the entrance, opening fire at the armed men as high velocity rounds sped out of Emlin's muzzle of her sniper rifle thudding against him. He sprinted down the driveway, heading to jump and lead in and hot-wired the engine again. He sped out of the neighborhood with no idea where he was going. 

Emlin moved her scope on the jeep and fired a shot as the round, rushed through the muzzle, hitting the jeep hard. The jeep swerved off the road, Trond tried to get control of holding the steering wheel tight but it was no use. All he do now was jump out and maybe make it over to the United States Embassy, where he hoped would protect him from Headshot.

Emlin voiced through her earpiece to Atticus back at the Safe house in Cartagena, Spain. "We have a problem now. Gunner got away, he's on foot heading to the United States Embassy."

"What's the status of your wet job team?" Atticus inquired, trying to figure out what to do next.

"The team first dead,two left on the second one," Emlin informed him.

"Take the two wet job team members left with you to the Embassy and put in the ground Medusa," Atticus stated in a demanding voice.