Chapter 5: One man can change the world with a bullet in the right place

Greece, Kato Antikeri Island

Colt Huntley stood outside on his balcony outside his office on the eighth floor of the spiraling Headshot organization building, overlooking the Aegean Sea. He'd brought the island with the money he had made as one of the world's most powerful and dangerous private defense contractors and fixers. Yes, he had done it all. As a fixer for hire for the powerful senators, congressional representatives, and former presidents who'd made every problem vanish. He'd found his calling in assassinations.

He had learned through his assets inside the Pentagon about a top secret CIA black ops program code name, Mk Ultra, to create unstoppable assassins to carry out assassinations. Of course, that program had disbanded after the CIA abandoned the use of assassins.

Despite efforts to eradicate it, the assassination business still thrives worldwide, with political assassinations happening behind closed doors. MK Ultra failed, but Thunderstorm succeeded because it was more advantageous and ruthless. Still, he had his own assassins, whom he'd recruited for the organization.

Armed men wearing black balaclavas clutching MP5 submachine guns in their grip patrolled the island while counter-snipers hid in the mountains, peering through their sniper scope as their finger rested on the trigger. There was only one way onto the private island that was a ferry if you were one of Headshot's clients.

His chief of security, Flynn Callen, strode out through the doors onto the balcony and walked over to Huntley. The expression on Colt's face hardened as his eyes narrowed on his chief of security and he said, "Eliminating Senator Howard was risky; what if he had given what he found to the CIA?"

Flynn shook his head "I would have known about it through our asset inside the CIA. He had to be eliminated. He was getting suspicious about the unlimited black budget and started asking questions about where the black budget was from and for? What if he somehow found out the location of your organization or one of the safe houses?"

Colt raised a brow as his mouth curled into a smile before saying "Have you heard from Atticus yet? I want the security tight at Achilleion Palace."

Flynn nodded in agreement as he pivoted walking back into the balcony doors and headed into stylish, spacious office. He owned Colt's life; if it hadn't been for him, he would have been sentenced to prison for treason. At one time, he was a former chief of operations for the CIA who orchestrated a secret assassination unit within the CIA. He'd seen what Huntley was capable of doing at whatever cost, and he liked what he saw.

There wasn't any doubt in his mind that the CIA was trying to track down Medusa, or worse, they had the briefcase from his banker. He was sure that they would dispatch one of their agents or assassins. It didn't bother him a bit at all. He'd taken some precautions, insuring that the island was protected and that it was off the grind.He walked back into the doors of his office and strolled over to his massive desk as he sat in the chair behind it.

Photographs of him with former presidents hung on the wall behind him. He straightened his tie as he thought about how far he had come. There have always been risks in his life of business, no matter what you did. He believed assassins were still needed. Yes, their loyalty always shifted, but as long as they carried out that hit he ordered, that was all that mattered to him.

He leaned back in his chair, and his forehead furrowed.  "Listen, Callen, I want you to talk to your asset within the CIA to see if he knows if they dispatched one of their agents or assassins after us."

Callen nodded as he clasped his arms behind his back, walking back and forth. "Sir, I will talk you my assets to see what they know. Still,if they have the briefcase, I think that they have no idea what the burner is for."

Colt rubbed his chin as he jumped from where he was sitting at his desk. "It's better to be careful. I'm not going to let the CIA, the Norwegian Intelligence Service, or any other intelligence service in the world bring my assassin organization down that I have created."

Over the years, he'd learned  everything about Presidential security protocol and where their counter-snipers would be placed. He had studied every sniper rifle and every round there was. Knowledge was power for him. One just didn't become powerful and dangerous, it was a skill you required by making by the right moves like a game of chest. 

" I'll see what I can find out from my assets within the CIA and Norwegian intelligence Service. Callen said with slight -close lip smile as he walked out of Huntley office

He'd remembered the first time he had seen Atticus it was at a sniper course testing out a Remington 700, right then and there he knew that he had to recruit this assassin. He was amazed at the efficiency how he squeezed the trigger on the sniper rifle. It wasn't just that,it was the cold vacant look within his eyes.

He was going to need a cleaner to work with his assassins, not just any cleaner but the best, and he knew how to find the best. He'd picked up the phone on his desk, and entered a secure ten digit number for his contact in the Bratva the Mafia. He held the phone up to his ear.

A few minutes later a voice came on the line with a Russian accent. "Irena Fedorov," she answered.

"I'm looking for a really good cleaner I want the best Miss Fedora," he told her in a calm and cool voice.

"Mr. Huntley, I have the perfect cleaner for you her name her is Leslie, Alexis, she's one of our best in the business. Plus, she'd work with the Raptor in the past. She lives in Paris."

"Great, she'd perfect for Headshot," He stated as he ended the conversation on his phone and placing the phone back on his desk. 

With the party drawing close, he'd have to send his chief of security Callan to meet Leslie Alexis in Paris. He sat  down in his chair and typed in his password in the entry blank on the screen. Within seconds a file flashed, he scrolled up the screen as his eyes narrowed on the target. His mouth curved up into a smile. There was saying in his line of business that was.

"Those who want power assassinate to get it"

After a while he closed out of the file, knowing still that there was a lot to be done before Thunderstorm was ready, but he'd needed to please his clients. Reaching down, he grabbed the second drawer as he removed a 50 caliber round and closed it. Placing the bullet on his desk, he felt the adrenaline flow through his veins like lava. Although he'd never pulled any trigger a sniper rifle, he 'd preferred to main in the shadows Let his assassins do all the wet jobs. Which was just fine for him.