Meeting you.

I saw the beautiful woman with a cup of coffee in her hand

A raindrop fell upon my cheeks as soon as my eyes met her face.
Almost as if all of these was a fate, she rushed into a shelter nearby which made my feet to move towards it too.

Her wavy locks were wet from the sudden rain and her eyes looked swollen. I was mesmerized by how she carried herself.
She brushed her hair with her long finger tips and lightly let out a sigh which was only audible to me as I was standing right beside her.
I felt like a creep, watching each of her features like it's the first time I'm seeing a human being.
She immediately turned towards me, asking me if I'm okay.
I wasn't even aware about the coughs I've been letting out while admiring her.
I could hear my brain yelling for peace a few moments before but after I saw her, there was a sweet feeling of bliss surrounding me.
It's surprising that I've understood how anxious I've been living my life as soon as I saw her. Her presence calmed my nerves and my heart felt safe.
I offered her a ride back too...but I couldn't stay with her for long. I saw her eyes wandering through every details of my car. Every sad and happy emotions were purging inside of me as I watched her.
I immediately took off to a quieter place and gave myself a good amount of time to cry after dropping her at her door.

They say that time's supposed to heal you but not in my case.
Everything about her reminded me of someone I deeply cared about. Everything about her made me miss that someone, more than I already have.

 Everything about her made me miss that someone, more than I already have

...

We met again after a few days.
She immediately noticed me and talked to me as if she was waiting to meet me again.
I wasn't intending to go infront of her after our first encounter.
I didn't know if I had the mental stability to go through a whirlwind of emotions again but a part of me also wanted to be by her side.

Driving back to her home,
I saw the bridge. The place where I used to have a lot of memories. I used to visit these places before
with my special one. Suddenly, Ina caught me off guard by asking me to stop the car beside the bridge. I even doubted if she was able to read my mind.
I watched her walk towards the bridge and my heart sank at the thought of how everything felt so familiar. A fond memory was circling through my mind.

...

Standing near the bridge, under the moonlight... I watched her hair slowly moving rhythmically to the soft breeze.
Her tears were dripping through her cheeks and she failed at hiding it from my sight.
Her words about the man 'Tyler'
were enough for me to understand the chaos running through her mind.
I talked to her about the one and only person I've ever loved too. I couldn't stop myself from talking about her. My mind was reshuffling different memories of our moments together.

....

Her sudden embrace shook me to my core.
A familiar touch, the exact feeling that I've been missing and craving all these time. It felt like everything was rewinding.
I was so lost in the feeling but then I finally found myself standing there like a pillar while she was hugging me,her fingers grabbing onto my collar, sobbing her pain away.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her. Unconsciously and unknowingly, I asked her if she really forgot about me. The words were a surprise to myself too.
I wasn't intending to ask her such an absurd question,clearly conscious that I was only a man she met a few days ago.
She was crying loud into my chest, smudging her hair against my hand that was caressing her head.
She still heard me and slowly pulled away from my body to look at my face.
"I don't understand...", she said, looking at me like a lost puppy and started sobbing again. Her tear stained face made my heart a bit uneasy.

I gently wiped the tears from her face which was now swollen and red from the heavy outburst.

"It's okay... Don't worry.. It's just.. You reminded me of someone.. "
I said, looking into her eyes with a gentle smile.

"Who?" She was quick to ask me back.

"A girl I loved."
I faced towards the water body under the bridge and sighed, I then let out a light smile as all the beautiful memories filled my mind.

"I used to take her here while she whined about her boredom. We used to sit under the moonlight talking about our favourite constellations. She was really reckless.
I loved how she always brought me back to life. Her love was what made me feel alive back then.
Sometimes I wish I could turn back the time to experience it all over again.
We shared everything together.
But it all went down and I didn't know that I was gonna lose her just like this one day."

I added, throwing a tiny stone into the water.

She was listening to me.
I knew that she was hearing each and every word I was speaking.
I knew that she could feel what I was feeling. Her face looked sad yet lost. She stared into my eyes and I did the same. I saw her eyelids, all swollen and heavy. Her eyes were red and a few red veins covered it. Her skin was still glowing in the moonlight, like a fallen angel.

"She was really pretty..

Just like you." I said.

We weren't smiling yet we were staring into eachothers' eyes.

Two people with two different stories, lonely and sunken hearts, under the moonlight looking for someone or something to escape from their terrifying reality.
Is this what we call a fate?

The fate to have our hearts broken by the people we care about the most, knowing that they have no sight about what we are doing and suffering.. just to get them back to us.

"I wanna spend more time with you." I asked her as a sudden strength rushed in me. I was struck by a sudden realisation to never let an another chance drift away.

To never let a mistake of mine take away this moment I've got.

....