Epiphany

I could never imagine a scenerio like this. The worst things in my mind are coming to my re -
I opened my eyes hearing a large knock on my door.
"Was that a nightmare?"
I sat on my bed, clueless for a while. Eventually I got up and opened the door.
"Are you okay ?" Lola asked me as she noticed my puffy eyes and drained face.
"I'm okay", a faint smile formed on my lips.
It's been a year since I've seen him. We haven't talked too. But, everything still reminded me of him.
Nowadays, I dwell myself reading books at library. All these fictional characters somehow helps me escape my reality.
This is the only thing that makes me excited. It will take another two months for my university to reopen. It's almost like I'm deliberately waiting for it to open.
All these feelings in my heart is a bit much for me to deal with...
I would want to go to my home and see my mother atleast.

I quickly washed my face, brushed and put on a good outfit. I lazily combed my hair and placed some ice cubes underneath my eyes.
"My head still hurts." I groaned.
" I noticed your voice last day. You were boiling while sleeping, so I placed a cold cloth on your forehead. Take these pills. " Lola handed some pills towards me.

Well... I love Lola and I'm grateful that she is there to take care of me.
I headed to the library and sat on the seat where I usually sit. The smell of the wooden furniture already put me in a good state of mind. I was slowly growing out of my grumpy mood. As I was searching for a good book, my eyes captured something laying on the floor.

A royal blue cover with black borders.
"ELAYNE" -She read out the title of the book, slightly widening her eyes. She immediately took the book in her hands and settled back on her seat. She slowly opened the book and smelled the pages. The book seems old but it still had an intoxicating smell. I flipped to the first page and started reading it.
.....

'𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚊𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚑 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚕𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚍.
𝙱𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚘𝚏 20, 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚙𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚢.
𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚞𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚒𝚛 𝚔𝚊𝚛𝚖𝚊 𝚝𝚘𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛.'

"Who in the world wrote this book?"- she rummaged through the pages impatiently.
"Great! Of all the books I could choose, I found the one which doesn't even have an author.
This guy might be illiterate to write this in future tense."
I scratched my head and kept the book aside.
"Or was it intentional?"
She could feel her gut forcing her to continue reading the book and that's what she did.
She spent the whole day reading the strange book. Her brain got too interested in it that she even skipped her meals, keeping her eyes pierced into the book.

 Her brain got too interested in it that she even skipped her meals, keeping her eyes pierced into the book

She came back home to Lola, entering the house my slamming the door behind her. A sigh left her mouth as Lola asked her where she was.
Lola noticed the giant blue book in her hands which she held a bit tighter towards her sling bag to prevent it from slipping from her hands.
Lola hugged her eventhough she couldn't understand what was happening to her these days. She never wanted to make her uncomfortable by asking her anything she wasn't willing to share and hoped that she would eventually open up to her when she's ready.

"Lolahhh... I'm so tired and drained... I'm lost" - she teared up, tightly holding on to Lola.

"Ina... It's okay.
I'm here"
She held her close to her. She made her cookies and milk.

Closing the door of the bedroom, lola made sure that Ina was asleep.