Chances

"Aghh... "
I opened my eyes frustrated. These constant headaches are annoying. It's been months since I had a good start of the day.
I rubbed my eyes a bit hard as the edge of my lashes were a bit itchy.
The room was cold and I could hear the slight rain hitting on the wooden floor outside.
"Well.. It doesn't seem like a bad weather."
I got out of my bed, recalling everything I was doing the day before. "The book... Where is it?"
I started searching the book but I couldn't find it anywhere.
"Oh my God! Did I lose it last day?"
I had a few drinks last day before heading home as I felt overwhelmed by the emotions that were building up inside my chest. "I can't remember anything... Ugh!".
"Lolaaaaaaaaaaaaa.."
...
..
.
"Lolaaaaa!!!!"
Suddenly Lola came upstairs, her hair was messy and she was wearing an apron. She gave me a look of disbelief as I was laying on the floor looking under the bed while screaming her name.
"Are you ok..
What are you looking for?"
She came closer to me and helped me up.
I asked her if she noticed a book with me last day. She nodded and told me that she kept the book in the drawer below my bed where I usually keep my clothes.
I quickly opened the drawer and was relieved to find the book inside.
Lola then went back to doing her works while I opened the book in my hand and turned to the last page I read the last day.

....

'𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚑𝚒𝚖. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎. 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎...'

Suddenly my phone buzzed with a bunch of notifications from some of my classmates. I was surprised to see all these messages out of the blue which led me to close my book and shift my attention towards the texts.
It was some invitations for a class reunion they planned. I gulped at the thought of having a class reunion. All my beautiful memories were between those four walls.
His memories started crawling back into my mind which made me sick. I suddenly could feel my emotions purging as if I was holding them in for years.
A voice echoed in my ears...
"Ina... Let's stay like this forever."
I broke down almost instantly realising how well I could still remember his sweet voice in my ears.
"Does he know that I miss him? How will he know??????? Why wouldn't he leave my mind?"
I crawled in my bed, covering myself in the thick blanket, feeling the warmth inside it. The rain was pouring like there is no tomorrow and I felt the same inside.

I decided not to attend the reunion as it was way too painful for me to re live every good memories, as I know that it was never to last.

I slept in the whole day knowing that my Lola won't complain about it.
Atleast, I must get enough sleep to function properly.