XLVIII. The Bunny Messenger

Chapter 48, The Bunny Messenger
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You could've just said that, besides I wouldn't miss it for the world. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Now, what was next question?"

I asked over the phone to Jaden, he and I were on FaceTime studying together.
He looked up at me and smiled before looking down at his paper and telling me the question, I thanked him and we went back to silence.

Alana and my dad have been acting weird for quite some time but I didn't want to question them, I just didn't want them to be awkward any longer.
Jaden cleared his throat, I chuckled and looked up at my phone.

"What are you doing?"

I questioned as I watched him put his things away.

"I uhm, have this game at four and I was just wondering if you were erm.."

He stammered, interrupting himself when he didn't like how he was wording his sentence.
I looked at him as I was now putting my things away and watched as he struggled to say what he wanted, I'm not going to be mean so I won't say what I want to.

But I'm going to anyways, he reminded me of the kid that said:

"Have you ever had a dream, that- that you, that you uhm."

But I watched as he gave up and sighed, I was already intrigued so I had to know what he wanted to tell me or ask me.

"Just tell me Jay, I'm curious now."

I swear this kid kept stuttering to the point where I wanted to dropkick him through the screen, that's when I realized he had a baseball game.
I connected the dots because I'm amazing and couldn't stop smiling.

"Do you want me to come to your baseball game Jade?"

I asked as I stifled a laugh, he nodded as he rubbed the back of his neck which made me smile.
After a while, I hung up and walked to my bathroom to take a warm shower because I wanted to go to his baseball game.

I looked through my closet and sighed as everything in there wasn't really worthy, that was until I decided to go with an outfit that wouldn't make me sweat under the hot sun.

Scarlett's Outfit

    I put my hair in a ponytail and didn't do any make up, but last minute I reached into my closet and took out a jersey Jaden had bought for me

It was a replica of his when we were together, once I finished getting ready, I grabbed my phone and texted Layla, Javon and Xiomara to see if they would meet at the game or if I'm driving them.

I'm driving all of them, they're just the greatest friends.
Peep the fact I want to hit them with my car because I gotta waste gas, but I'm going to suck it up because I got my big girl pull ups on and I'm about to see Jaden.

"I wanna be a barb."

Javon told me, I looked at him and laughed since he was in the passengers side.
I kid you not, we played Nicki Minaj until we got to the baseball game which made him squeal like a five year old.

When we got inside, we picked seats up front which was Layla's doing.
We love getting hit in the face with a fast ball because that's what will happen when we sit up front, but nobody's ready to face the fact.

I watched as Jaden stood by the water stand and grabbed a cup of water, we locked eyes and I felt like I was meeting him for the first time in my life again.
Xiomara looked at me and back at him before nudging me and wiggling her eyebrows, her actions should be illegal.

"Scar, I was uhm hoping, you could come with me to them uhm."

Xiomara was whispering, I looked at her and gave her my full attention because the game hasn't started yet.
She fiddled with her fingers and sighed, I looked at her as she had a paper folded in her left hand.

"Come with me to the dug out to give this note to Jaysean?"

She asked me, I looked at her and smiled as I squealed.
She handed me the note and told me to read it, it said in script:

Good luck x

With a drawing of a bunny on it, I handed the note back to her and stood up.

" You could've just said that, besides I wouldn't miss it for the world. "

I told her as I grabbed her hand and walked over to the dug out which was a long walk, remind me to never come here again to hand a note.
As I was waiting for Xiomara to stop flirting with Jaysean, #Jiomara, Jaden walked over to me.

"Thanks for coming."

He smiled at me, I nodded and was grabbed by Xiomara.

"Wait, I forgot something."

I told Xiomara as she let go and nodded, she waited for me as I ran back to the dug out.
I grabbed Jaden's forearm and turned him around, he looked at me surprised but didn't get a chance to say anything before I connected my lips to his.

I pulled away slowly and hugged him tightly, I smiled at him and kissed his cheek.

"Good luck kiss."

I told him before running back to Xiomara and grabbing her hand, she teased me as we sat back down.
But it had to be done, we all know it had to be done.