XXI. I Hope You're Not Happy

Chapter 21, I Hope You're Not Happy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I don't regret anything I said or did, I only regretted being with you and allowing myself to be so vulnerable. God I was stupid for that wasn't I?"

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"And that'll conclude today's lesson, remember on next Friday we will have our English exam so prepare for that!"

Mrs. Charlotte exclaimed as she waved as goodbye, today's English class was pretty chill.
I grabbed my things and walked out of the class, next I had Social Studies with Layla and Xiomara so I waited for them by the door.

After waiting for them for ten minutes, I decided to walk into the class.
I sat in my usual spot and waited for our teacher to come in, I sighed and took out my song Writing notebook.

As I was flipping pages, I note was thrown to me.
I couldn't see where it came from so I couldn't exactly throw it back if I were to answer, not saying I can't throw it back because I can.

I'm pretty good too, like a song will be on and bam!
I threw it back.

Off topic, back to the note.

I opened it and rolled my eyes, I knew where it came from and who to throw it back to.
I glared at Jaden as he looked at me with pleading eyes.

Can we talk??

The note said, I pulled out my black glitter pen and thought about what I wanted to respond with.
After some moments of deciding of what to write, I finally chose what I wanted to say.

Idk, can we?

I folded the note neatly and threw it back at Jaden, I then went back to my notebook and flipped some more pages before getting to the page I needed.
The principal came in and told us our social studies teacher couldn't show up so we could do whatever, I was happy.

I decided to focus on my song, it wasn't much but it was definitely something.
After three tries of trying to focus on my song, I couldn't.

I put on my airpods and turned my phone on, I decided to listen to some music before the class was over.
'Look After You' by The Fray began to play, I closed my eyes and decided to listen to the music.

The note was thrown back to me but I didn't want to waste any breath on it, I crumpled it up and shoved it in my bag.
The bell rung, I decided to take my time getting my things together.

I finally left the classroom, I had French class next which was on the second floor.
As I was walking to the class, I was stopped by the man of the house, Jaden Walton.

"What is it, if I didn't want to send notes why would I want to speak to you?"

The words sounded harsher than intended but I wanted him to leave me alone, I didn't want to face him yet while I was still in the healing process.
Jaden looked at me and grabbed my wrist, keep in mind my class is on the second floor and I was still on the first floor.

He dragged me to the staircase and we stood there looking at each other, I just rolled my eyes and tried to leave only for him to keep there in front of him.
Was he going to have Meredith jump me?

"I feel, bad about what I did and what happened."

Jaden apologized although his voice didn't sound sincere, I looked at him and scoffed.

"So, you're apologizing?"

I asked as my voice broke a little, I felt lip quiver as my eyes began to sting.
I took a deep breath and bit down on my bottom lip, I didn't want to show him that I was being vulnerable.

"Yes I am, I'm sorry."

He tried to make it seem as if it was sincere but it wasn't, I looked at him and let out a dry laugh to take away the blurred vision I was having.
The tears wouldn't go away and it was aggravating, Jaden placed his arms around me only for me to push him off.

"I don't forgive you."

I whispered, I didn't have energy to raise my voice.

"I said sorry, Scarlett I'm apologizing."

"Yeah and the sun's yellow Jaden, I don't forgive you."

I turned around and began to walk up the stairs but turned around, I looked at him as tears ran down my cheeks and sighed.

" I don't regret anything I said or did, I only regretted being with you and allowing myself to to be so vulnerable. God I was so stupid, wasn't I? "

I wiped the tears away and placed my hair in a high ponytail before walking all the way upstairs, I walked to my class and sat in the back.
There was nothing worth staying awake for so I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, everything happens for a reason is what I have to remind myself.

I lifted my head up and found myself looking around, soon a kid rushed in with a smile.
She sat beside me and gave me a flustered smile, I smiled back at her.

"I'm Scarlett, what's your name?"

I introduced myself before I asked her about herself, she settled down next to me before she fixed her braids the way she liked.
She looked at me with a smile.

"Willow Evans, I'm new to this class."