V. Treehouse Date

Chapter 5, Treehouse Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Communication is key but you're locking me out right now. "

~ Jaden's POV ~

I woke with a slight breeze hitting my bare feet, I jolted awake and turned off the AC with the remote.
I groaned and rubbed my eyes as the sun began to shine down on me, I was a little annoyed with the breeze but I got up anyways.

I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I felt tired but I couldn't go back to sleep now.
I decided that it would be a good time to take Scarlett on a date, as I walked to my room and changed into my outfit the sun went away and now it was raining.

The weather is so confusing, how could it be so calm and then the next minute it's like gloomy and angry.
Is that how Scarlett sees me?

I shook the question out of my head and grabbed my phone, I walked downstairs and grabbed in apple.
I grabbed an umbrella and left the house, it was Sunday so we were good.

I walked to Scarlett's house and knocked on the door gently, I didn't want her to be awoken by the loud sound of me knocking in case she was still asleep.
Scarlett opened the door, she had a smile on her face.

"Good morning love."

She mumbled as she engulfed me in a warm hug, we swayed a bit as we walked inside.
She pulled away and we kissed softly, there were faint butterflies but at least they were there.

"Morning Scar, did you sleep okay?"

I asked as I settled my umbrella on the ground beside the door, she just nodded and grabbed my hand.
She is the sweetest girl anyone could ever have, she enjoyed my company the same way I enjoyed hers.

"We're gonna go on a date, to the old treehouse in the back."

I informed her as she grabbed her phone, she looked at me with a beaming smile before grabbing her umbrella.
We walked outside of her house and began to go to the back, there was a really pretty treehouse built in the back of our houses.

People go there for first dates, it's always has the perfect view of the sky at night.
I grabbed Scarlett's hand as we walked through some trees, we got to the treehouse.

Scarlett climbed up first then I did, when we got inside, we sat down and began to talk about school.
There was the same boredom emotion I was feeling yesterday, it felt like something was missing but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"Jay, are you even listening?"

Scarlett called me out, she looked at me with the most concerned look on her face.
I just nodded and threw a smile her way in hope that would get her off my back, but instead she just stopped talking.

I knew I made her feel like her voice and opinion didn't matter although they do, I just wasn't interested in speaking about this topic anymore.
Scarlett just sighed and pulled her phone out, her fingers moving swiftly as she typed away.

I didn't know who she messaging nor did I care, that's very surprising.
I looked at her with a concerned look on my face and sighed, she looked up from her phone and turned it off.

"You're not excited to be here, with me.. are you?"

Scarlett asked softly, her voice sounded upsetting.
I looked at her and chuckled before grabbing her hand, she pulled her hand away and looked at me with a serious look.

"Well what is there to do? We speak everyday and I don't know."

I answered, it was horrible answer to give but it was the only answer to give.
Scarlett scoffed and stood up.

" Communication is key but you're locking me out right now. "

Scarlett responded upset, I got up too.

"Well I don't know what you want me to say, there's nothing for you to know Scarlett."

I replied, Scarlett just bit the inside of her cheek and looked outside of the rain which was now slowing down.
She grabbed her umbrella and looked at me, with tears in her eyes.

"You know what, talk to me or don't. Obviously there's something going on that you don't want me to know, I'll see you whenever you feel like seeing me."

Scarlett spat as she left the treehouse, I felt a tear roll down my face as I slowly sunk down.
I just hurt Scarlett by accident due to the fact I was starting to get bored, I feel horrible for that but truly what was there for me to do?

She knew everything about me, about my family and life, she didn't need to know anymore.
We should have had established boundaries before getting in a relationship, that was our first mistake.

So would our second mistake be, getting in a relationship with her altogether?