XXIII. Back Together

Chapter 23, Back Together
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So you found time for her but none for me, that's fine. No, that's more than fine, it's perfect. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"She's been ignoring me, I don't know why."

I told Cora about the Layla situation, I understand her schedule was very full but she's found time to talk to Cora.
Maybe I had done something to make her angry with me, but how could I apologize if she won't even read my messages.

"I'll ask her, maybe she just wants to talk in person."

Cora responded as she took her phone out, I sighed and laid down on her bed.
I watched as Cora's fingers moved quickly, hitting send and waiting for a response.

I was worried that I had done something without consciously knowing and hurting her by accident, but why didn't she just confront me so that I could fix it?
Layla's always been a confusing friend but never problematic, perhaps something happened to her during the job.

"Left me on read."

Cora said, snapping me out of my thoughts.
I hummed in response, I took my phone out and decided to scroll through every social media I had to see if I said or posted something rude.

I found nothing, I wasn't jealous at the fact Layla spoke to Cora.
I was upset at the fact she didn't even want to text, I wanted to know if she was alright but I guess it's fine.

Cora grabbed my hand and dragged me out of bed, I groaned and got onto my feet.
We walked outside of her house and walked to my front yard, I laid on my back and just as I was about to doze off, I got a notification.

@ Layenjoysfood is live!

I looked at Cora and clicked on the notification, I watched as set up her phone and smiled at the camera.
She looked perfectly fine, she wasn't busy enough to go live but still chose to ignore me which annoyed me alot.

"Welcome to my live!"

She said smiling, Cora looked at me and sighed.
Somehow she didn't notice I joined but noticed Cora, although we joined at the same time.

"Accept the request Cora."

Cora accepted the request to join the live, she then fixed the phone so we were both in the frame.
Layla's face fell, I don't know why.

"Why aren't you talking to Scarlett?"

Cora jumped straight to the point making my cheeks turn red in embarrassment, I looked away from the camera and soon moved away.

"I'm busy, she would understand."

Lame excuse but I did understand, I just wanted to know why she couldn't talk to me.
I scoffed and rolled my eyes, I wasn't about to start an argument on live so I grabbed my phone and messaged her.

Conversation with Layla ❤️

Bold: Layla
Italics: Scarlett

You never want to talk to me but manage to go live and speak to Cora?
Make it make sense

I just caught a break, chill man.

Do not tell me to chill Layla, what's up with you man?

Just drop it, I'm coming back home soon anyways.

Ight whatever man.

I scoffed at the messages and turned my phone off, I got up from the grass and walked over to the park that was a block down.
Soon Cora came and smiled, we spoke about how Layla was acting.

That's when we saw it.

There came Layla, running head first to Cora.
I smiled as the two hug but I stood there awkwardly, I didn't know what to do.

"Hey Scarlett, I'm sorry we never spoke. I just never found the time."

The apology just sounded like an excuse at this moment, I rolled my eyes and nodded my head.
I took a moment to collect my thoughts considering what I wanted to say was very disrespectful.

" So you found time for her but none for me, that's fine. No, that's more than fine, it's perfect. "

I left the park and ran straight home, I slammed the door shut and walked upstairs to my room.
Overreacting? Yes.
Angry at her? Also yes.

I laid in bed and ignored all messages, calls and FaceTimes.
She was back, it's been what? Like only five weeks.

They probably took a break, it was still early so I took a nap.
I should go say hi to calliou when I wake up, considering he was the only one keeping my updated with everything.