XVIII. Driver's Test

Chapter 18, Driver's Test
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" LEFT OR RIGHT AND DONT SAY LEFT TO TELL ME RIGHT AS IN CORRECT! "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

"Just take a deep breath Scar, you're going to ace this test."

Cora comforted me as I put on a yellow dress and yellow converse to match, I brushed my hair back and put on the flower crown Jaden made for me.
I smiled at her and hugged her as well, she was good at comforting but when it comes to crying, I need Layla.

"Thanks Cora, if I pass, I drive us to our school two weeks from now."

I was hyped but not enough, I grabbed my phone and kissed her cheek goodbye before leaving her room.
My dad smiled at me and we got into the car, he drove us to the DMV.

We waited in a long line and did some paper work before I found myself behind a wheel of a car.
My heart was at my throat but I had to take a deep breath and calm down, I started the engine and buckled my seatbelt.

I put my phone on do not disturb and began to drive, I was pretty good at it too.
I knew my turns, the stops and what the signs meant.

Overall I was being free at the wheel, when I finally parked, I passed the test with flying colors.
I took a photo and sent it to the group chat with Jaden, Javon, Jayla, Cora and Layla.

When we got home, dad agreed to let me drive around the neighborhood or get us some dinner.
Cora and Jaden got into the car along with Jayla.

"We're live!"

Jayla said as she got into the passengers side, I smiled at her phone and waved.
I put my seatbelt on and began to drive us to Chick-fil-A, I asked Jaden for the directions which was a bad idea.

"Jaden left or right!?"

I asked as he continuously gave me directions and then changed them last minute, I swear I was about to crash.

"Right!"

"Okay."

I said and just as I was about to make the right he screamed left, I sighed and drove to the left.
The fans thought this was funny, I'm sure my face was funny as well as I was annoyed.

" LEFT OR RIGHT AND DONT SAY LEFT TO TELL ME RIGHT AS IN CORRECT! "

I shouted over everyone's laughter and shouting out comments, Jaden just gave up on directions and Jayla had to take over.
This was funny when I watched the live back, I swear this kid pushed all the right buttons.

When we got home, we ate our food and went outside.
I was texting Layla, I missed her a lot.

"Do you like Jaden?"

The question caught me off guard, I looked at Jayla who looked dead serious when she asked me this.
My heart raced, Jaden was inside trying to find something.

"That's classified information."

Jayla looked at me with her eyebrows raised, I sighed knowing she wasn't going to let this go nor forget this.

"Yeah, is that bad?"

"Nope, when are y'all going to go out?"

That was a good question, the truth is I have no idea.
We start highschool and maybe he would find some girl cuter or I would.

"It's up to the universe and him as well, it's all up to whether we date or not."

The answer was open ended, it had no right or wrong.
It just meant that I had no idea if he would even think about me like that and to be honest, I barely know what to think of him yet.

He's funny and sweet, but I don't know if we would go good together.
I was more sarcastic and well my humor was based on my attitude, his fans wouldn't like that at all.

But then again, I was the salty flavor and he was sweet.
Everyone loved that so why wouldn't they love us?

I laid on my back and took a deep breath, so much think in so little time.
May the universe be on my side for once in my life.

I closed my eyes and began to imagine a world where we would be together without a care, that was a world I wanted, no, needed to live in.
But for now, I'm happy with even being friends with him.

Not many people can say they're friends with their crushes.