XI. First Date

Chapter 11, First Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Just saying his twin is cute, I'm cute, we could be cute together. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

I was outside once again, I was playing on my piano and softly singing the song again.

"But I wanna feel all that love and emotion be that attached to the person I'm holding, someday I'll be falling, without caution. But for now I'm only people watching."

His face was on replay of my mind, I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed.
I stopped playing the piano and laid on my back, I was glad I made the baseball team.

"You're gonna get kidnapped."

I opened my eyes and smiled at Javon, he sat beside me and had his phone in hand.
He was live.

"Ew are you live?"

I joked as I sat up, he nodded his hand and fixed his phone up so it was sitting up and we were both in the frame.
His comments were being spammed, so we decided to answer some questions.

How old is Scarlett?

"Currently fourteen, I'll turn fifteen soon though."

I answered the question, Javon was now laying in my lap as I pretended to braid his nonexistent hair.

Scarlett, do you have a crush?

"Yes I do."

Javon smiled and sat up, he ended the live quickly and looked at me.

"Tell me it's Jaden."

My face reddened and I avoided contact, Javon laughed loudly and stood up.
I rolled my eyes playfully and stood up with him, he obviously felt like he solved a riddle.

"It is so don't say anything!"

I urged as he began to run to his house, I was worried he was going to tell him so I ran.
God I hate running, it makes me feel exhausted afterwards and sweaty.

"Javon!"

I whisper-shouted as I entered the house, he was nowhere to be found, I turned around and saw a girl.
She looked gorgeous, she was definitely Cora's type.

"You're looking for my brother?"

She asked, I nodded slowly.

"I'm, I'm Scarlett Delmonico. My dad coach's Jaden's baseball team, I'm fourteen."

When I get nervous I feel the need to tell the person I feel nervous around everything, nothing too personal but stuff that I always did alone or basics.
She looked at me with a smile.

"Jayla, my brother ran upstairs to Jaden's room. Last door to your left."

I nodded and walked to the room she told me to go to, I knocked softly and waited for a response.
Soon, Javon walked out of the room with a smirk on his face.

"I'm going to murder you Wanna."

I whispered to him, he raised his hands and pretended to flinch before walking to his room.
I was about to walk after him when I felt a hand grab my wrist and turn me around.

"Would you like to hang out with me? Just us two."

I was speechless, I nodded slowly and he smiled.
He let go of me and walked into his room, he closed it and I ran downstairs.

I know I said I hated running but this made me want to run laps, I got to Layla's house and knocked rapidly.
Once she opened, I grabbed her forearm and dragged her to her room.

"Layla I got a date!"

I said happily, she looked at me for a moment to process everything.

"Okay, okay use my yellow dress."

She pointed towards her closet, I smiled at her and began to undress.
We were speaking a lot about the date and then she found out she's Ashtrays love interest so she's excited.

" Just saying his twin is cute, I'm cute, we could be cute together. "

Layla said making me giggle, she was doing my hair.
When she finished I couldn't stop smiling, I looked gorgeous in the mirror.

"You're ready for your date, are you nervous?"

Nervous wasn't the word for what I was feeling, but I was certainly feeling something.

I went home to grab my perfume, I took in the aroma of the Cherries.
My heart was beating quite fast, this was my first date that wasn't a playdate.

I walked downstairs as my dad walked into the house, I looked at him and admired me.
I twirled a bit before he hugged me tightly, I texted him about the date when I got to Layla's house.

Cora was off at a babysitting job so I would tell her everyone once I got home.
This certainly felt like a dream, if it was, I didn't want to wake up.