A kiss just like salt water

Sarah walked in the room like a hurricane; changing everything with her presence and in a heartbeat everyone was in the room laughing about what just happened along with Nadia who was now smiling and making jokes about it along with everyone.

As i looked at them i realised that Sarah was the mother of the family.

Family... as soon as I though about that word, i felt out of place. I haven't talked to my parents since I've come here and suddenly missed them very much.

Warm hands suddenly grasped my face gently and I looked at London in shock as she patted a cutton on my nose. I winced at the sting but she didn't let me turn my head. It took me a moment to realise that everyone has already left the room and it was just me and her.

_ why the long face?

London asked as she finally let go of my face and started taking ot a band aid out of the box.

_ It's nothing. I just... kinda missed my family.

_ I get it, First month is always hard.

I laughed awkwardly and tried to not move my head as she put the band-aid on my nose.

_ You haven't talked with them since you got here have you?

My eyes grew big as I looked at her. She looked calm and collected as she waited  for my answer.

_ How the hell do you know that? And while we're at it, how the hell did you get this room ready in no time and fixed things with my dorm and... like... you're freaking me out man! All of you are freaking me out and I swear to god if anything happens to that little goth marshmallow i will never ever forgive myself and i just now realised that I HAVE BEEN SHOUTING!

It was one of thoes moments when you say something before actually comprendre it. I shut my mouth and looked at London was now smiling as she waited for me to be done with my little freak out. She opened her mouth, and for a second I thought she was going to say something but then, she just bent down and kissed my nose on the band-aid and got up from my bed and walked to the door.

_ come to the kitchen after you've talked to your parents. We can talk about it on breakfast.

I didn't answer, couldn't actually. All i could do was look at her close the door behind her in shock as my heart raced and a pleasant sting disappeared on my nose just where she kissed it.