Chapter 2

Ch.2

Akira entered inside his house to see his mother peeling some apples in the living room. He smiled widely before hugging her from behind the couch taking her off guard.

His mother, Mrs. Hanako Enatsu, smiled warmly before turning back. "Aki, you are early today. Where's your sister? she went to pick you up"

"Mom! I'm here! look who came along with us!", Izumi exclaimed entering the living room with Luca.

Mrs.Enatsu looked back with a surprised look but smiled warmly seeing her son's best friend."Luca! It's been a long time! What a pleasant surprise "

Luca smiled scratching his neck. "I'm sorry Mrs.Enatsu. I was busy with the midterm test"

Akira rolled his eyes before strolling towards Luca with a piece of apple in his mouth. He put a headlock on his neck, choking him playfully. "Mom! Don't talk to him. Books are more important than us to him"

Akira could see his sister starting her warm-up exercises while walking away towards her training grounds in the backyard. "Mom, dad is not home right?", He asked loudly making sure her sister heard him.

Mrs.Enatsu nodded softly, still keeping her heartwarming smile.

Akira frowned when his sister left even after hearing their father is not at home.

"Izumi is really hard on herself"

Akira heard Luca mumbling, who was still in his death-like grip.

"Aki, if you are worried about her, why don't you go and talk to her?"

He heard his mom speaking. He pulled a poker face, rolling his eyes as if he didn't care."Who said I cared?! Nonsense! Mom, don't be ridiculous!"

Akira was startled when he found himself floating in the mid-air. For a minute, he thought he was thrown away from the window but Luca just kept him in the mid-air. "What the fuck —put me down!Hey! don't use your tricks on me, you idiot!"

Luca just ignored him and sat next to Mrs.Enatsu, devouring the apple pieces. Akira wasn't that much surprised seeing his mother treating Luca like her own son when her real son was hanging in the air like a piece of meat in a shop. Being the invisible creature, he shut his mouth with a humph.

He waited a few more minutes with crossed arms but it seemed like Luca had no intention of putting him down any time soon. He was about to throw a tantrum but stopped seeing his father walking inside the house with a tired face. Akira was instantly delighted.

"Dad!!"

Mr.Enatsu Hiroto, Akira's father, looked at him with a startled face.

"Oh, Luca is here?"

Akira, "Why do you think I'm hanging here like this?", sarcasm was dripping down from his tone.

"Mr.Enatsu! Good afternoon!", Luca greeted, waving his hand, still sitting on the couch.

"Luca! Good afternoon! seems like this son of mine had done something. Let him hang in there for a few more hours!", Mr.Enatsu winked before leaving towards the training field, probably to check on his daughter.