CH 3- The risks..

As the night passed, Rengoku was the first awake. He'd notice you came to rest with them just to give your son your comfort as well. Rengoku's hair was everywhere as he yawned he was about to get up when your hand went over his. He looked as you wouldn't let him get up on his eyes and shook your head.

You sprung up carefully since Haijuro was sleeping and came to help Kyojuro out of bed. He sighed. "(Y/n), please." He begged but you helped him out of bed and gave him his cane.

"My Darling, you'll be back when you heal. Take it slow." You spoke quietly as the sun was out. You both smelt something and with that, it woke Haijuro up. When seeing your son notice the presence of food, his face looked a little more full. As if he were a toddler already. Haijuro's fast growth was a little worrisome to you and Kyojuro as he had started to crawl out of the room after sliding it open to go down the hall.

"I hope that isn't forever... he's gonna miss out on being a kid." Kyojuro mentioned.

"He has your love for food." You brushed it off and giggled. He laughed too and the two of you exited the room. Senjuro had made breakfast at a good time since it seems like everyone slept in a little longer that night.

"Good Morning,Haij— Wah!" he said, he was facing Haijuro who was crawling onto him. He saw the food being processed in the kitchen and wanted it even though the table was in the back. "B-Brother...! H-Help." Kyojuro came from the corner and spoke loudly.

"Haijuro!" His voice boomed and your son had turned to face him. "You mustn't disturb the perfection of making food!" Haijuro's eyes started to glisten. You saw when you came about, thinking he was gonna cry and yes he did.
"Oh, Kyojuro. He thinks you're yelling at him..." you said and he crawled to him anyways while hugging his leg. "Yeah, I have nothing to say to that. He still loves you, Darling." You smiled.

"Waaaah!" Haijuro hid his cries in his fathers cloth and then cried silently.

"Senjuro, you're probably the only quiet Rengoku." You mentioned and it made you all laugh in the room.

"Ahh! SHUT UP!" You heard their father yell from his room before sliding the door open. He was definitely not a morning person it seemed. Haijuro wasn't known to walk yet but take short steps and fall back to crawling. He began to leave Kyojuro and go to Shinjuro.

"It's like he's... ah! I see!" You laugh out loud from the thought you had. He then clung to Shinjuro who looked down at him not feeling Haijuro's energy in the morning.

"Kyo!" He said. You facepalmed.

"He's starting to talk and you had to all look so similar." You came to pick up Haijuro and held him at your hip. You brought him back to Kyojuro and worked on the whole mama and papa part. Since teaching Haijuro took some time even throughout breakfast. It was fun to have the broken family come together in this moment. Even Shinjuro gave a chuckle here and there.

"Kyojuro, I'm going to be honest. I am underprepared to be a grandparent. Your mother on the other hand, would be ecstatic." Shinjuro would mention and pop open the alcohol to drink in the morning. "So I'll do that part and celebrate." Kyojuro and his father laughed together for once. "Kyojuro, I do mean this when I say...." He returned back to being a grouch. Kyojuro eyed him with seriousness. "I don't think you should step back in. You may have your sword being reworked and all but Haijuro makes you an even bigger target as well as your family." He drank more. "You should put your haori up." You felt personally that this was out of love more than just to bash him. "You lack talent if you're so close to dying and your demon girlfriend was luckily there to accompany you." Well, so you thought. I guess it's to keep his ego.

"Father, I'm going to keep fighting as one of the pillars of the demon slayer corps!" He proudly said.