[1] Kissing Mr.Player(Edited)

Chapter One

Kissing Mr. Player

ALEX

"Are you sure I should be wearing this?" I ask Tia with a confused expression on my face. 

"Of course, you look fabulous! Guy's will probably start drooling once they see you!" she replies, flashing me her smile. So granted, my initial plan was to grab all the attention at Stacey’s party so that she feels left-out. I wanted her to see that she wasn’t all that she thought she was, which is completely ridiculous because she really is all she thinks she is—beautiful, popular, rich, and perfect. I’d been pretty happy with what I had planned, but not anymore; I am nervous, I don’t want to do this. Mainly because I know it won’t work. Someone like me can never compete with someone like her.

"Why can't I dress you up, give you an awesome make-over and let you do the 'attention-catching' thing?" I suggest to Tia with a grin on my face, silently hoping she would go for it.

She doesn’t.

"No way! And even if I do agree, you know you are the only one who can do this. I'm not very good with people. You're so much better. You're good at socializing. How do you expect me to catch everyone's attention when you know how awkward I can get around people?"

"But are you sure? I mean I don't really feel so good about it anymore." I mumble, silently pleading her to just drop this plan even though it had been my idea.

"Aw c'mon! Don't back out at the last moment" Tia pleads.

"Okay then" I sigh and nod, no point in arguing I guess. I twirl around one last time in front of the mirror to get a look at myself. Wow, I am actually looking good, no kidding. Not that I look ugly most of the time. But I'm used to being the plain, ordinary looking girl, the girl no one notices at all. But sometimes I do realize that I can look good—for example now.  I am wearing this gorgeous black mini-dress which hugs my curves in all the right places and makes me look far sexier than I usually look, which is a good thing. I need to look good tonight. A pair of black leather boots accompanies this dress of mine.

 I sit down in front of the mirror and start combing my hair. It’s one of those days when my hair is acting right, those good-hair-days, when my hair is being soft and manageable, so I decide to leave it open, allowing it to cascade down my shoulder in soft waves. A little kohl, a light layer of strawberry flavored lip-gloss, a little blush and some eye-liner and I’m done. I don’t go for bold and bright make-up, that’s not my style. I smile at my reflection in the mirror and feel satisfied; It feels like one of those nights where nothing can go wrong. Everything is happening exactly as it should, and I feel excited.

Tia is wearing a dark purple, off-shoulder dress with matching pumps. She has put on purple glittery eye make-up and some pink lipstick to go with it. We look great. We touch up our make-up (just in case) and get ready to leave. Mom is going off to have a romantic evening with this guy she has lately started seeing. God, I feel like rolling my eyes whenever I talk about my mom going on a date. This has to be her fifth date this month, and every time a new guy.

"Bye mom and have a nice evening!" I say as I start leaving. She says that I should enjoy my party too. I give her a soft peck on her cheek and then I and Tia leave. I and Tia get in my car and I start driving. I know Stacey's place very well, it is one of the most popular high school party destinations. So I obviously know where it is. (Who doesn’t?) It’s one of those big pretty white house’s you see in the movies, the ones which look really perfect. We reach her house in about fifteen minutes. The place is just as cool as any cool high school party destination should be—loud music blaring, teens on the dance floor, couples making out in the dark and drinks being served. The party seems fabulous. I park my car and we both make our way to the party.