Chapter 34 Get over

Someone shook me. "Em Em Emberly."

I flinched and looked at Adrian. He was looking at me while his glance darted around

"I'm not sure." I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"It's okay, don't rush, "he smiled and cupped my face.

Ahm Ahm, "the sound of someone coughing makes us look at the person."

It's a man in his mid-sixties. He was wearing simple cotton shorts with a printed shirt and had an old-looking outdated camera.

"May I take your photos, please. You both look like or I think you are newlyweds. This is an amazing place for lovers. They say that Aphrodite, our Greek goddess of love, has a special blessing in this place. That's why many couples fall in love here," he told us smiling.

"Wow, this is a new thing. I've got to know it today," I smiled.

"Thanks, can I take your pictures?" he asked.

"Sure, please," Adrian said with the widest ever smile and quickly took hold of my waist, pulling me towards him. I rested my hands over his chest as he pressed me more against him.

"Yes, perfect it is," that man said and clicked our picture.

I looked into Adrian's eyes. I still remember the first day when I looked into his eyes and felt my entire world flip. Damn his brown eyes.

"You're like a drug to me," he whispered while coming closer to my ear. I bit my lip but he put his finger over my lower lip, pulling it away.

"Don't, just don't bite your lips, only I have the right to do that," he growled.

Suddenly, I felt his soft lips over mine, but this time his kiss was very light, more like a peak. I gasped a little when he lightly bit my lower lip.

"Wow, you both look like you were made for each other. They say true soulmates," that cameraman smiled while coming towards us.

Something like plain paper comes out of his camera automatically.

"Here are your pictures, sir, you two newlyweds look so beautiful together; may God bless you both with dozens of children," he smiled, and his smile reached his eyes; he is truly happy for us.

"Thank you so much for your loving blessing," Adrian said with the biggest smile ever, as if his joy knew no bounds.

Adrian quickly pulled out a thick bundle of dollars from his pocket.

"Sir, my fees are very low; this is excessive," the cameraman said, shaking his head.

"No, no, please, it's really for you, and please don't refuse it. Buy your family presents of these," Adrian said to him.

"Thank you very much, sir. My kids will be very happy after I buy them their favourite toys," he smiled, and Adrian also smiled genuinely.

I kept looking at my husband. He's not that much worse as I used to think about him.

We continued to walk. "That was very kind of you. My heart respects you more after this," I said while looking at him.

He turned towards me and took hold of my hand, squeezing it. "This's the happiest thing I've heard today," he said, as he kissed the back of my hand.

"Aww," I say as I dash towards the sea waves, my legs dangling in the cold blue sky like water.

"You love exploring new places, especially nature," he whispered, standing beside me.

"Yup," I chirped, quickly taking some water in my palm and slamming it on him while giggling.

"You," he said, narrowing his eyes at me.