Chapter 29 Her Pain

Emberly pov

I moved as quickly as I could. I have no memories other than the thought that I saw my uncle.

He cannot be in New York, not at all. Has he heard that I'm here and that I exist? Will he take me back and abuse me like an animal once more?

But what if he instead arrives here? My head was so heavy that I covered my lips with my palm as I trembled.

Em, nothing is going to occur.

Loosen, Emberly.

I sway back and forth while shaking my head.

When I felt a touch on my shoulder, my eyes widened and I sprang back.

I stumbled as a result of my legs bouncing, but a set of arms around my waist saved me from falling to the ground as well as breaking my nose.

"What apparently happened to you? Are you okay?" When Adrian saw my red eyes, he growled and his eyes slightly enlarged.

He hugged me and said, "Em." He also cupped my face.

I encircled him with my arms and buried my face against his hard chest.

He kissed my forehead and massaged my back.

I sobbed more and buried my face in his chest, begging him to take me away from this place.

Adrian POV

I stroked her hair and covered her small frame with a soft blanket. She was so difficultly wailing nonstop that I had her take a sleep.

"Someone, please save me from them. Please refrain from hitting me with this rod and this belt, Uncle. This aches." While snoring, she reached out and grasped my hand.

I brushed her tears away. When I saw that damn tear streaming from her eyes, something strangely happened to my heart.

My heart becomes so heavy as a peculiar exhilaration arises.

Simply put, I hate seeing tears in her eyes. I'm not sure why, but I can't stand seeing tears in her eyes.

But what had happened to her to cause such sadness? What is the reason of her sadness? This is awful.

"I want to destroy everything that is causing her heart such pain," she said.

I'll take steps to prevent her eyes from crying once more.

I hurried over to Skylar's room.

She must have known precisely what would have happened to Emberly the last time she was with her.

"Bro, what's going on?" As she was getting ready for bed, Skylar questioned."

"What happened with Em, Skylar?"  Looking at her, I questioned.

"What happened," she muttered.

"She never stopped crying and screaming. What happened when you two went shopping? Did you treat her in any way?" She caught my focused gaze.

 Please don't misunderstand me; I adore and appreciate my younger sister. She is the second girl, just behind my mother. I adored her the most, but I won't put up with someone upsetting Emberly.

What has happened to me? Why is Emberly having such a strong influence on me?

"Bro, are you crazy? She is like a sister to me even though we are sisters-in-law, she said, staring at me. "I love and cherish Emberly, just as my parents did.

I averted my gaze from her while squinting.

"I'm sorry Skylar, but ever since I saw Emberly sobbing and in such dread, my head has been all over the place. I just don't know why it's happening to me, why my damn heart hurts." My arms encircled her shoulder. I sighed and took deep breaths.

"You're falling for her, bro," Skylar replied with a smile as she gazed into my eyes.

Hearing these words causes me to stop moving because I am oblivious to the fact that I am falling in love with her or that I have already done so.

I start to feel sick to my gut.

"Move on, bro. How long will you continue to deal with that traitorous gold digger? Not worth it was she. Emberly is the real thing. She's the ideal woman for you. She is so much better to that gold digger." My arm was covered by Skylar's hand.

I observe her hand.

She is right, but before that, I have to better know the reason that makes Emberly this sad and scared.

She is correct, but first I need to understand why Emberly is feeling so sad and afraid.

What could possibly be the cause of her apparent fear and tears, though? I muttered.

"Did she mention any names by which she is so afraid or any incidents while sobbing or in fear?"  My eyes slightly widened as Skylar chirped.

"Someone, please save me from them. Please stop from hitting me with this rod and this belt, Uncle. It aches."

I snapped my head at Skylar and said, "Yes, she was muttering to save her, and she was also mumbling about some 'uncle' while weeping, pleading not to punish her with the rod and belt, wait." I snapped my head at Skylar.

"Oh my God, so this means her uncle used to mistreat her," Skylar screamed as she hurriedly covered her mouth with her palm.

My knuckles turned white, and as my hands tightened into fists, I trembled in anger.

I hurried to my bedroom, where Emberly was dozing off peacefully. I walked over to her and hid the hair strand behind her ear.

She growls in a low murmur with her body tense, but as I touched her, I noticed a tiny grin forming on her face. When I saw that lovely smile on her face while she was sleeping and before she fell asleep once again, I secretly grinned for a little period of time.

But once more, that moronic uncle of hers

However, I have no information of her home, where she lived before to our marriage, or her parents. She used to live alone in New York, I just know that.

She used to rent a small apartment and work as a waitress, so why didn't she approach me sooner?

Brother of Hers!

She must have told Asher everything, even the cretin uncle who used to mistreat her and everything she had through.

So, how is this chapter, my beautiful readers? Please vote, comment, and share.