Chapter 24 Strange Sensation

Emberly pov

"It's okay Emberly, calm down, calm yourself, she won't come near Adrian again, just calm," my inner voice says as I stand on the river park side, staring at the river water while throwing stones in it, biting my lips so hard that I bruise them.

"Why did you do that?" My hand tightened around the stone. It was holding on to throw into the river when I heard his deep husky voice behind me.

"Go to hell," I yelled, continuing to stare at the river.

"Why did you hit and beat the hell out of her?" he sat beside me.

"If she clings around my husband, then I will kill her." I closed my eyes and recalled the memories of her clinging to Adrian. Ugh, I can't tolerate any other woman than me around him.

He is mine and will be mine forever.

Oh, yes, you are the biggest mafia woman in New York, "Adrian smiled, looking at me while shaking his head."

I frowned. "Listen, I didn't come here to listen to your lecture, understand."

"Yes, but you came to beat the shit out of everyone," he said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I can't see any other women around you. I have only one life, and in that also, she is just entering into that forcefully." I threw away the stone I was holding so hard over the river water.

I just don't know what will happen to me, but one thing is confirmed: I will kill someone if they try to come between me and Adrian.

I looked beside myself, but the spot was empty here.

God, what is happening to me? I just dreamed about Adrian talking with me.

Wait, shit. I clasped my hand over my mouth.

What will his reaction be when he finds out what I did to that girl who was clinging to him?

Let him think whatever he wants to. I don't care. I have only one life and in that one life she is forcefully coming into it.

If they dare to take Adrian away from me, I will kill any other girl.

***********

I entered the mansion.

I quickly stopped when I heard him.

"Emberly,"

I turned around and found him ascending the stairs.

"What?" I asked without reacting to anything.

Just don't show him how much he affects you. Ignore him. Try to remain straight-faced.

"Would you mind explaining what you did there?" he asks, standing in front of me with his hands in his pants pocket.

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Seriously, is this the only thing you want to say?" he raised his eyebrows.

"Em, see, we did the shopping and bought this for you also," I heard mom's voice.

Mom and Skylar entered while Celia and other maids carried dozens of shopping bags behind them.

They have an unhealthy obsession with shopping.

When they both noticed tension in the atmosphere, they looked at each other. Mom stood beside me with Skylar.

"What happened?" she asked, then looked at Adrian.

Adrian looked at me and I closed my eyes so tightly while clenching my hands into fists. Enough is enough, I will tell everything now.

"In company, a girl is clinging to Adrian, trying to seduce him, so I made her learn a valuable lesson. Now she won't even dare to look at him," I said, smirking at Adrian.

Adrian's eyes widened listening to my words while Skylar gasped and Mom put her hand over her mouth, trying her best to control her laugh, while Skylar gave me thumbs up.

Adrian opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again and tilted his head, but couldn't think properly.

"Aww, Em is also possessive of her husband, not just my brother,"Skylar wrapped her arms around me, looking at mom and dad, and finally burst into laughter.

I glanced at Adrian. He was staring at me, and my eyes widened when I noticed his lips curved upwards a little.

I... is he smiling? Is that a dream or reality?

His phone buzzed, breaking our eye contact. He went away from the living room to receive the call.

I stared at his back. Why didn't he talk about his feelings with me? I'm sure he had feelings for me, but why was he jealous when I was with his cousin and the way he kissed me after bringing me home? That was my first kiss, and it made me feel alive for the first time. It knocked out my breathing, but it was so pleasurable.

"Wow, Em, this was so new, getting over the possessive wife," Skylar said as mom hugged me.

"I knew it, you also love my son," she said while caressing my hair lovingly.

"Yes, mom, it's true, I love him, and I can't stand any other woman with him," I said, smiling.

************

I enter Adrian's study with his favourite coffee.

He looked up at me while reading some files.

"Your coffee, less sugar, and not hot this time," I said as I placed it on his glass table.

"Take it back, I don't want it," he said with a frown.

I chided, "Please, I will make it for you."

"All right," he said as he took the coffee mug and poured the entire contents into a plant pot beside it.

I gasped looking at that.

"Why do you do this?" I tap my foot heavily.

"Get out, I don't need you or your care, you are nothing for me, so stay out of my way," he said, as if to say, "I will do what you say asshole."

I stormed towards him and grabbed his collar in my fist.

Before he could do anything, I quickly put my finger over his lips.

I'm telling you, do whatever you can to make me hate you, but it will make me fall more for you," I whispered in his ears. I felt his breathing getting heavier with each passing second.

I pulled away from him, but before I could go, I felt him tightening his hands around my waist.

"I want to kiss you," he whispered, looking at my lips.

I put my hand over his neck, bending it down and crashing his lips over mine.

He kissed me gently, carefully, but it wasn't gentleness I wanted, not now, not after all this time, and I clutched his shirt, pulling him harder against me. He groaned softly, low in his throat, and then his arms circled me, gathering me against him, and I felt that I had bumped into something hard. It was his table, but he pulled me against him and threw me over a large comfortable couch beside us. He hovered over me, and we tangled together, still kissing.

Finally, another kiss, so how is this chapter going, my lovely readers?

Please vote, comment, and share.