28."Scars"

"Az

"Az... Go... Run... Ahh!" "Azriel I love you." I jolted up my eyes wide open I look around the living room panting heavily my chest rapidly rose and fell, I wiped off the sweat from my face with my shaking hands and gripped my hair lowering my head my whole body was sweating, I ran my hand over my face trying to even my irregular breathing.

I leaned back on the couch closing my eyes, It has been eleven years but still those scenes my eyes witnessed appears in my dreams, damn! as if it happened yesterday... I drew a long breath, after all these eleven years still this nightmare has the same effect on me.

I got up and walked to the kitchen, I chucked a glass of water and dampened my throat I rested my hands on the counter lowering my head, doesn't matter how many times I tried to free myself away from this nightmare from those scenes which have stamped under my head but I couldn't.

I left the kitchen and entered the swimming poolside, the night cast away a dark cloak the small ball of light appeared increasing in size and shone more with increasing size soon brightening the clouds. I sat on a wicker lounger rubbing my eyes I began staring at the water, every time those scenes hunt me appearing in my sleep I can't be able to sleep again.

I shut my eyes but how can I ever forget that night that made me the man that I'm today.

I climbed upstairs gathering my gifts because dad told me to put them in my room, my eyes lingered on a huge box uncle Edwin sent for me, he couldn't make it tonight cause of work I started unwrapping a gift my head snapped to the door massive gunfire echoed in the whole mansion, Mom's pleading cries echoed amid gunfire panic flowed through me without wasting time I ran downstairs.

"Mom... Dad..." I Called them frenziedly running downstairs, my legs standstill fear thundered down on me, my orbs came out of their sockets, I ran my crazed eyes in the whole living room surrounded with men wearing black topcoats black combat boots masked only showing their eyes and mouth,

loaded with guns in their hands, my eyes ceased on Dad was kneeling on both his knees his thick red fluid was flowing down from Dad's right shoulder spreading on the floor, a dread crawled up from my stomach the man was holding Dad down by his neck another masked man was holding a gun on Dad's head his clothes were ripped white shirt was red,

my wild eyes follow the voice calling my name my mother was held down on her knees like Dad masked man grasping her by her hair tears poured down her cheeks her hand was wrapped protectingly around her womb. "Az...! Go... Run... Ahh!" Mom yelled her hazelnut orbs looking at me hysterically, my legs became paralysed I was looking at both of my parent's with an open mouth, the man holding Dad press his finger under Dad's wounded shoulder Dad howled in pain. "No... Please leave him... Please..." Mom begged sobbing.

my body came into action I ran to Dad... Before I could reach him I was jerked back violently the muscular man grabbed my neck from behind I felt his firm grip around my throat, I squirmed throwing my hands and legs in the air to get free. "Please leave my son alone..." Mom pleaded, her tender face was pale, her body wracked with an onslaught of sobs.