You See His Scarecrow Mask

Summary:You've always known what Jonathan does for a living. You just have never wanted to get involved in it. One day, you see his uniform for "work." And well, it's more than what you expected.

(⚠️ WARNINGS⚠️: None really, it's mainly fluff! But there are mentions of violence, fear, and chemicals)

              Keys: Y/n-Your Name

   Your POV

      Jonathan and I have been dated for awhile now. Almost 2 years, and it wouldn't have lasted so long if we kept everything from each other. Since day one I've told Jonathan everything. That I work at a bar, that I can't drive, and that I'm afraid of the dark and have had a recurring nightmare about being chased.

      He's told me everything too. Mainly about his work. He told me he's a psychologist that works with patients at Arkham. And he does work with "biochemistry." He won't tell me exactly what he does with that though. Just that it's a dangerous thing and he doesn't want me around when he's working in his "lab" downstairs. I don't mind though. He says he's just doing it to protect me, and I trust him.

     But one day, I was sitting on the couch with him. I was laying on his chest as we were watching random cartoons on TV. He had his arm around me as he started to kiss my neck. I giggled at this sudden act. He then started tickling me. I laughed out loud and tried escaping from him, rolling around under his grasp and running out of breath. My arm moved to where I accidentally knocked the TV remote over and turned off the TV. We usually watch movies with the lights off, and I had turned off the only source of light. I gasped and held Jonathan tight.
"It's okay sweetheart hold on."
I made sure to keep my grasp on him, that's what he told me to do when I was scared. Within seconds, the tv was back on and the room was illuminated again. He got up and turned on the side lamp.

"Thank you" I said timidly.
He kissed my cheek.
"No prob Y/n."
Suddenly he got a call.
"One sec, I'll be right back."
He went to the kitchen and answered the call. I paid no mind to it, just watching the SpongeBob re runs on TV.
"I'll get to work right away, you just be ready!"
I heard Jonathan say sternly. I turned around and saw him going to the basement.
"Babe? What's wrong?"
He turned and looked at me, with a different look in his eyes. Almost crazed and excited.
"Oh Y/n Darling, I can't say. But just know, this is a great deal of development in my studies. I'm going to be busy for the rest of the night, don't come looking for me."
Before I could reply he zoomed down to the basement. I tilted my head and sighed.

   "Okay Jonahtan." I sighed and continued to watch the tv.
I woke up and looked at my phone. 9:00 PM. I must've fallen asleep on the couch.
I sat up and stretched.
"Jonathan did you eat dinner already?" I said. I got no response. I got up and turned around. No one around.
I get up and went to our room. "Jonathan are you here?" No response. Is he really still working? He must be starving! I know I am.

      I know he said to not bother him, but he has to eat! I go to the kitchen and start making a simple Ham and cheese sandwich with pickles, a side of chips, and some sweet tea. I put in on a tray I've had on my table for ever. I carefully pick it up, and walk towards the basement. I see the door is cracked open, I use my hip to open it and walk carefully down the dimly lit hallway. When I get to the bottom I smell a terrible stench.

        Almost of sulfur and other chemicals. I scrunch up my nose. "Jonathan? Are you awake?" I walk towards a desk in the middle of the room, no one there, except for a whole bunch of journals and blueprints. Towards the wall was a whole bunch of test tubes and beacons. Some where bubbling, and some were still, almost frozen. "Jonathan? Babe? I brought you food!"
I set down the tray and walk over towards the test tubes. That's where the smell was coming from. I covered my nose but still investigated.

    Suddenly I hear a thump behind me. "Jonathan?"
I turned around and saw tall figure in the shadows.
"Babe, there's food on your desk."
"What Are You Doing Here! I told You Not To Come Down Here!" I heard him say, kind of muffled.
"I just thought that you would be hungry and..." I backed up and bumped into the table. I caught a tube before it hit the ground, but that had already alarmed Jonathan.

   "Be careful!" He came into the light. What stood before me was a man with a mask, stitched together with a grotesque face. It was awful, it made my heart drop. I screamed at the top of my lungs, and ran around the figure towards the stairs.

   "Y/n, come here!" I hear it say, I was about to run up the stairs when I tripped over the first step, to catch myself I balanced on the wall, but hit the light switch instead. Then it was completely dark. I couldn't find the switch again, but I kept on hearing that thing say my name.
I tried my best to crawl up the stairs in the dark, but my greatest fears were consuming my body, I was frozen in fear.

       Suddenly the lights came back on and the masked figure came towards. His hand reached his mask and he unhooded himself. There standing before me was my boyfriend with his sharp features and blue eyes.
"I-i, J-j-john."
I couldn't even talk that's how scared I was.
"Shh shh shh, Y/n it's fine. It me."
I was shaking and realized I was crying.  I was so confused. He picked me up and carried me up the stairs back to the couch.

       He went to the kitchen and came back with a glass of water.
"Here babe, drink." I did I was told and drank, finally having my mind cleared up.
"I...I never wanted you to see that Y/n." I looked at him confused and angry.
"What even was that Jonathan? You, you looked like a monster!"
"I know babe, it's what I use for my studies."
"How do you use THAT for your studies?"
"It's....a long story babe. I don't know how I can tell you."
     I pondered deep, while staring at him. Maybe I don't even wanna know. I mean, it was my fault for going down there in the first place. I sighed.

       I grabbed his hand and he looked at me.  "As scared, and confused, and well angry as I am with you, I don't want you to explain it to me."
He looked at me confused.
"Y/n, but I-"
I shook my head.
"I know babe. We tell each other everything. But it was my fault that I disobeyed you. You did say 'dont come looking for me.' I should have listened."
He smiled and kissed my forehead.
"I think I should have told u sooner babe. You don't have to worry, but if you don't wanna know, I won't tell you."
I shook my head.
"I don't wanna know, not yet at least, I'll respect your work for now on."
He smiled at me and we shared a long kiss. Then he swooped me up so I was sitting on his lap.

(A/N: I didn't know how to end this one, sorry! But I hope you still liked it! Also I would be very happy if y'all read my new book "The Maid Cam." I'm working really hard on it. Anyways,love Yas!)

            -Gotham's Dolly 💣🔫💋💖