The Right Push 🙃

“How did the golgappas tasted from the hands of your Mr. Manager?” Piya chuckled teasing her sister feeling grateful to Arjun for planning an escapade for her emotionally vulnerable sister, Neha.

While talking with her sister in the evening and telling about the harsh words of their mother, Neha had confessed everything about her meeting with Rohan, followed by her encounter with Arjun and the picnic to the Kingdom of Dreams.

Her crazy elder sister was constantly teasing her about Arjun since then. She was yet to do the laundry but she was stuck into the conflict if she had done a right thing visiting the entertainment center today or not. So she had dialed her sister to vent out her feelings and concerns.

“Piya, I’m telling you. Stop this or else…” Neha whined as blood rushed in the insides of her cheeks and reddish hues radiated from her face.

“Do you like him?”, asked Piya praying for an affirmative answer. She was talking in hushed tone for she didn’t know how would Amit react in case he gets to know about their girls' talk. Her husband, Amit was an understanding man but still she had certain inhibitions in their seven years of marriage. Her daughter had gone in the nearby park to play with her friends while her son was with his father.

“This is the only reason that I don’t tell you anything”, mumbled Neha angrily but her heart questioned her again, “Was she falling for him?” Her eyes turned glossy as she realized the answer.

Yes, she liked him and she liked him so much that she wanted her life partner like him but unfortunately, she knew that her parents could never find a guy so understanding and so caring like Arjun.

Treacherous tears crept in her eyes trickling down her face as her heart pained at her fate. In twenty-nine years of her lifetime, she had never let anyone find a place in her heart but Arjun had occupied a very special place in her heart in the short span of two months.

Only she knew how she had controlled herself from breaking down when she had assumed him to be a married guy. Even though she knew that they had no future together and he had his own life, she hated to see him with someone else. She despised when her female colleagues talked about his physique. She knew that her attraction was fated to remain unrequited but her heart craved for his attention.

“Neha, I will be the happiest if you would like him”, Piya confessed when she received an angry reply. She knew that her sister liked Arjun who seemed to be an amazing guy for her wonderful sister. At the same time, she also knew that Neha needed a push to acknowledge her own feelings. Being an elder sister, Piya knew Neha inside out and she could realize that Neha had fallen for Arjun.

“Are you mad?” Neha screamed from the other side. She was literally shocked at the horrendous thoughts of her sister.

How would our parents react? Neha wondered and was terribly shaken upon imagining the reaction of her parents if they got to know that she had visited Kingdom of Dreams with Arjun and his family.

She knew she was not going to do anything against her parents even if she liked Arjun from the bottom of her heart not because she lacked guts to go against them but because she didn’t want them to pinpoint on her character and call her unspeakable names questioning her choice of working in Federal Bank of India.

“I am mad, Neha. I am mad because I am an elder sister of a wonderful girl who had chosen to follow her dreams when her parents wanted her to get married. I am mad because I care for my stupid sister and I want her to make a good choice when it comes to getting married. I am mad because I don’t want my sister to have a husband like Rohan or Rahul. I am mad because I don’t want my sister to feel suffocated in her marital house.” Piya hissed on the phone as a sniffle escaped from her mouth. She was lucky to have a husband like Amit who had understood her ordeal and had taken her away from her in-laws because her mother-in-law was a vile woman who disliked her just because she had a dusky complexion.