From Sir to Arjun 😜

The raindrops pitter-pattered from the sky that had darkened with grey clouds. It was half past five in the evening but it looked as if it was already eight. Neha cursed herself standing under the shade of the building of the forex department of the Federal Bank of India.

“Why do you had to hand over the file personally? Now book the cab.” Her brain chided as she finished her hand inside her bag to find out her phone. She searched over all the taxi booking services however, she was disappointed when she found that no cab was available in the area because of the bad weather.

She contemplated to stand under the shade and wait when the lightning struck in the sky and clouds thundered indicating that these rains were not supposed to stop soon. Now she was left with only one option that was to walk into the knee-deep waters and seek an auto-rickshaw on the main road however, the only issue she had was, she lacked an umbrella.

Going home was not a difficulty since Delhi had impeccable metro services for the convenience of passengers however, reaching the metro station was a tedious ordeal in the rains without an umbrella despite, it was just a fifteen minutes walk. Finding the auto-rickshaw in the Delhi rains was almost a zero possibility.

Cursing herself for not carrying an umbrella in the monsoon season, Neha dreadfully plunged into the knee-deep waters as began to walk towards the main gates of the Federal Bank of India. Since the office was empty and all her colleagues had left, she decided to ask one of the security personnel to lend her an umbrella or a raincoat for the way.

Neha was completely drenched in the  heavy rains as she walked past the lawns of the premises. She was wearing a white shirt and to her horror, it appeared too transparent as she shivered in the cool raindrops. Walking in the deep waters wearing black heels was not easy but she was helpless as of now.

She hung her black backpack covering her front has she continued to walk towards the main gates. She was bothered what if the rainwater would seep into her waterproof backpack. She was carrying her laptop and getting it damaged was the last thing, she wanted. She was lost in her thoughts as she heard someone honking.

She turned back to see a steel grey Honda City when the driver roll down the windows of the car and said, “Get inside”.

Neha closed her eyes in embarrassment as she recognised the owner of the familiar voice. It was none other than Mr. Arjun Verma, the new manager who was giving her a lift. Neha wondered, “Should I or should I not?”

“As much as you like to get drenched in the heavy rains, I don’t think it is a good idea to do so right now especially when it's going to be dark soon”, Arjun yelled getting pissed off as lightning struck in the sky and a loud thunder was heard once again.

His head was aching badly and he was cursing himself for engaging Neha into a conversation after looking at the weather because he was concerned of the fact that Neha travelled through the metro and finding a means of transport to reach the metro station in the heavy rains was neither easy nor safe for a woman.

Arjun had been elated to see Neha inside the premises of the Federal Bank of India however, he was surprised to see her walking in the rains even without an umbrella after being completely drenched. “This stupid girl should have asked to drop her but no, she needs to get drenched and then get sick”, he mumbled to himself when he saw Neha standing cluelessly after he had asked her to get inside the car.

As much as Neha did not like getting favours from her colleagues as of now, she was helpless. She had two options either to walk all alone in the rains jeopardizing her safety and health or to get inside the car and ask Arjun to drop her at the metro station. Weighing both the options, she chose the latter.