Chapter 8

When I entered Billy's mind, I woke up on a beach. There were seagulls and it was storming. Then a little kid ran past me with a surfboard, and I saw a lady in a white dress and a sun hat.
"Be careful Billy! There's a storm coming in!" The lady yelled. She was really pretty.
The little kid must have been Billy, because he responded.
"I will!"

The lady smiled. I turned my head and looked at the sky, it was really cloudy.
"Hurry up! Your fathers going to be upset if we aren't back soon!"
She laughed and spun around as her dress flowed behind her.

I walked closer as Billy ran over to her, and then everything faded into another part of his life.

A man was arguing with the lady, and Billy watched. They were yelling and yelling until *BANG* She threw a plate at him.
"Come here you bitch!" The man yelled. I assumed it was Billy's dad, and that the lady was his mom.
Billy ran towards him.
"Stop! Don't touch her!"
*SMACK!*
It started storming hard, I could barley see anything. A mix of orange and blue filled the air, with dust that looked to be from the Upside Down floated around.
I jumped and realized that he hit her.
His mom fell to the floor.

"MOM!" Billy yelled

I walked further through the storm and saw Billy next to his bed, on the phone.

"When are you coming home? I miss you." I was trying to listen but I couldn't hear much of what was being said.
"How long? "How long!"

Walking further through the storm, I saw him on a playground. He was on top of another kid and was punching him.
"What's wrong! Fight me! Fight me pu**y!"

Tears formed in my eyes as the storm grew strong and stronger. I walked further threw the intense winds and heard talking again.

"This is your new sister Maxine." It was his dad. My eyebrows drew together and anger filled inside of me. His dad was a horrible person.
"Max. My names Max."

I continued walking as far as I could until I came across a car, and I heard screaming.
"WHAT DO YOU WANT!"
The wind picked up super fast, and everything turned red. I held my hands above my head to try and see through the fog and winds.

Waking closer to the car I realized it was Billy's.
I looked up and saw a giant hole in the sky. It looked like an upside down tornado. It must be the source.

"I think I found it. The source." Max was the first to respond to me. "Ok where are you?"

"Brimborn Steelworks."
I continued looking around until they told me to leave, and the next thing I heard was Mike.
"Ok we got it! Get out of there!"

I ripped off my blindfold and looked around. I was back in the cabin.
"Hello? Steve? Nancy?!"
I got up and looked around. No one was there. I was all alone.

"They can't hear you."
I turned around to the doorway. Out came Billy.
"You shouldn't have looked for me."
I started breathing heavily. A tear formed in my eye.
"Because now I see you." He bent over and put out a cigarette on an ashtray.
"Now we can all see you."
I stepped back, as he stepped closer to me.

"Eleven let us in, and now you are going to let us stay."
I kept walking back, tears falling down my face. I shook my head slowly.
"You see, all this time, we've been building it. We've been building it, for you."

He stepped closer and closer to me. I looked around again, hoping that Nancy, or Steve, or Robin or Joyce would be there but, nothing.

"All that work. All that pain."
Closer. Closer and closer he came to me. I looked behind me and realized that a wall was creeping up. Once I hit that, i would be at a dead end.
"All that...

..for you"

Tears fell harder and harder down my face. All I could do is keep walking back, because no matter what he kept following me.
"And now it's time to end it. We are going to end you, and when your gone, we are going to end your friends..."

"No! Stop!" I yelled. I couldn't take this anymore.

"...and then we are going to end everyone."

I raised my hand in a flash.
"GO AWAY!"

Billy flew back and i felt myself taking off a blindfold again. I screamed and looked around. Everything was a blur. Next to me was Nancy. She grabbed me and hugged me while Joyce and Steve ran over to comfort me.

After a while I had calmed down, and I sat down next to Joyce and El.

"So he's building an army." Lucas said, pacing back and forth.
Mike replied. "Yeah, but he's not building this army to spread"
"He's building it to stop El and Kie."
"Last year" Mike started. "Eleven closed the gate. I have a feeling that really pissed him off."

"Yeah like royally."

"And the mind flayer now knows that their the only people who can stop him, but if their out of the way-"

"Game over."

I interrupted. "He also said, he was going to kill all of you."

Everyone's eyes went wide and they looked around in silence.

"Yeah well that nice."  Max replied sarcastically.

Nancy walked over to the window.
"Do you guys hear that?"

Everyone sat up, and looked around.

Johnathan replied sternly "It's just the fireworks"

Nancy turned around to look at me.
"Billy. When he said this it was here? In the cabin?"

I nodded.

Everyone went silent. Will slowly touched the back of his neck.
"He knows we're here."

We opened the front door and walked out into the woods, and saw the mind flayer, this time about 2x bigger.

We ran around Hop's cabin gathering weapons. Nancy and Hopper armed themselves with shotguns. Joyce took El and I into the kitchen and had us drink lots of water to, prepare to fight? She had the right mindset.

Johnathan grabbed an axe, and everyone else was boarding up windows. El, Joyce and I joined them in preparing and then, we all collected in the middle of the room.

Ready to fight.