Eight - Your First Kiss

Neil: You and Neil decided to meet at the park during Winter Break, the two of you having a snowman making contest. You began rolling your snowman, feeling a ball of snow explode against your back. "What was that for?" You asked Neil, who held another snowball in his hand and shrugged at you, a huge grin on his face. "You're way ahead of me, I had to slow you down." "You wouldn't be so far behind if you stopped hoarding snowballs to throw at me!" You argued with him playfully, continuing to create your snowman. After a little while longer, both of you had finished, and Neil placed his arm around you as you both looked at your finished work. Neil's snowman had a crooked smile, and the wind blew off the sock cap that he'd placed on its head. He laughed, turning to look at your snowman. "Of course yours is better than mine! Yours is a work of art." He pulled you closer into him, his breath creating fog in the freezing cold air. "Everything you do will always be better than anything I do, though. And yes, before you say anything, I am biased. But that's only because I adore you." He poked your nose with his finger that poked through his fingerless gloves. By then, he'd managed to wrap both of his arms around your waist, both of you facing each other now. "Who gave you the right to be so cute?" He asked you, throwing you off as he leaned forward and kissed your nose. You blushed, unsure of how to respond. You both stared at each other for a little while, your head tilted up a little to see him since he was taller than you. Before you knew it, he was leaning towards you again, but this time you moved your head up a little too, meeting his lips with yours. The kiss started off cold since you were outside in the snow, but the longer it lasted, the warmer it got. His lips moved against yours softly and slowly, causing you to melt and fall into his embrace even more. You didn't want it to end, but he pulled away finally to reveal a red blush across his face as he smiled at you. "Wow," he said, breathlessly, leaning down again to give you one more quick kiss. "Now that I know what kissing you is like, I don't think I'll ever get enough."

Todd: Every evening, you quickly finished up all the work you needed to do as editor of the Daugherty school newspaper, work that used to take you two hours a night at least, but you managed to squeeze into a period of thirty minutes now. You did that so you could sneak out every evening for about an hour and ride a bike across town to see Todd briefly after his soccer practices. He always expected you, waiting for you by the bleachers with Neil and sometimes a few of his other friends. That day, you arrived just as they finished, parking your bike next to the bleachers as you admired the way his hair fell onto his forehead after practice. Mr. Keating spoke a few words to Todd before slapping him on the back and taking off towards the school again. He knew Todd always snuck off to see you, but he pretended he had no idea, and for that you appreciated Mr. Keating more than any other teacher you've ever known. You also saw your brother for a brief moment, slinging his arm around Meeks casually as they both laughed their heads off about something. Gerard rarely talked to you when you showed up to see Todd. He still wasn't thrilled the two of you were together and often liked to stay out of it as much as possible. However, he didn't hold it against you or Todd anymore, and he didn't treat either of you differently, either. Todd came jogging up to you with a large smile on his face, the rest of his friends leaving the two of you alone tonight. "You finished early," he panted once he reached you. "How long have you been here?" You shrugged, replying, "Just a few minutes. I really wanted to see you. I couldn't wait any longer." He ran a hand through his sweaty hair, trying to make it look better. He always did that, and you could tell he didn't like that you always saw him all sweaty after his practices. You tried to reassure him that it was okay, reaching forward to grab his arm and say, "You look fine, Todd. Really." "I doubt it," he told you, though he didn't pull away from your touch. "I don't really know what you see in me." You took a step closer to him, raising your eyebrows. Instead of arguing with him like you always did when he put himself down, you wrapped your arms around his neck and pressed a quick kiss to his lips before he had any time to panic and move away from you. You definitely took him by surprise, but then it was his turn to surprise you and kiss you back, over and over with soft, slow movements. When you pulled away from the kiss, you looked him dead in the eye and said, "Stop putting yourself down. I really like you and care about you and I'm not going anywhere no matter what." A tiny grin formed on his face, and he leaned forward to kiss you again.