7

Chelsea •

After looking in the fridge for the 7th time I decided to just go get some McDonald's.

Because I'm so hungry my stomach is growling , and all they have here is noodles and TV dinners or things I have to actually cook.

I grabbed my keys and walked out to my car , I'm spending money I don't have fr.

I walked up to my car noticing it was leaning . "The hell?" I spoke getting closer .

"Oh no no no" i yelled seeing my tire all the way on flat .

I started looking all over the tire to see if somebody slashed it or if I ran something over .

Seeing a big ass nail sticking out i rolled my eyes .

How the hell am I gonna pay for this? Kept replying in my head .

I pulled my phone out and put McDonald's in my gps then pressed walk .

"2 miles ain't that far" i spoke .

I thought about it for a minute then started walking .

As the sun started to go down I looked in my purse making sure my pepper spray was in there .

"Not Tryna get kidnapped or killed out here" I mumbled .

As I crossed the street I saw a guy leaning against his car with some beats headphones in . "Amir!" I called out .

He looked at me and rolled his eyes "nah you really the feds, how you know where I live?"

"Umm I don't , I was walking to McDonald's and just saw you" i spoke .

"Walking to McDonald's?"

"Yes"

"You gone walk through the drive thru?" He asked looking down at me .

"No, ima go in"

"The walk in close at 6 and it's 6:37"

"Omg I walked this far for nothing?" I yelled.

"Calm down little girl .. I'll take you"

"Awe Amir finally being nice" I spoke .

He got in his car on the drivers seat and i opened the passenger door seeing him moving all the shit he had on his passenger seat to the back.

"You really need to clean this car out" I spoke shaking my head .

"Shut up"

When he finished I got in looking around the car.

Soon as he started it music started blasting in my ear causing me to hurry and turn it down .

"Don't be touching my shit"

"Well that loud ass music was gone blow my ear drums out" I spoke .

I sat back and put my seat belt on as he started driving .

His rearview mirror was duck taped on the car, and his back window was busted out .

"What happened to your window?" I asked looking at him .

"This girl I used to talk to busted it out" he spoke nonchalantly .

"For what? Did you sue her or call the cops?" I asked genuinely concerned .

He laughed "nah she was just mad, we had sex after I calmed her down"

I immediately mugged "so getting your window busted out is a turn on for you?" I asked .

He looked over to me as he got In The drive through "I guess I'm just toxic"

I shook my head before looking at the menu to see what I wanted .

And when it was our turn I got a 10 piece nugget meal and Amir said he wasn't hungry.

We got to the window to pay and he looked over to me , holding his hand out .

I quickly pulled my card out and gave it to him .

Was I wrong to think he was gonna pay for me ? I've been reading too many books I guess .

"It declined" I heard the lady say .

How fucking embarrassing!

"Oh , use this one" I spoke handing my credit card this time .

That one went through then we drove to the next window .

I sat back quiet because I had nothing to say honestly.

He handed me my food then dropped me back off by his house where I first saw him .

"I'll see you later" I spoke getting out .

He nodded and turned his music up, I guess he just gone chill in there .

I ate my food while walking home because I didn't want nobody begging for some .

When I got there aunt Theresa was sitting on her porch smoking a cigarette.

"Where you been niece? It's dark and dangerous out here" she asked .

"Well my tire is on flat so I had to walk to the store" I spoke .

"Damn , u gotta get that fixed"

"I know but I'm so broke right now that's gonna have to wait ."

"Look , Since you drive my kids to school ima pay for your new tire , but you gotta wait till Tuesday when I get paid" she spoke .

I smiled and hugged her "thank you so much!"

"No problem girl" she said .

I nodded and went in the house back yo my room .

Not being able to get my tire fixed and getting my card declined infront of Amir was my last straw .

I'm not built to be broke .

I opened my phone and went to my messages with Mariah pressing on the Walmart application.

_____________________________________________

Thoughts so far?

Not the card getting declined 😩.