The divided debate

So what is it going to be?

Are they a thinker? Or are they a doer? Do they over think things? Or are the impulsive?. This is important detail to do. as it will show different versions.

Introvert? or Extrovert? Or are they a bit of both?. Yes this is a good one as this shows more personality to us. And makes us more relatable for your readers. As they will know the meaning of those words.

Do they like wearing shoes? Or more bare foot?. This is a one that shows sensory issues. And makes it relatable. For an example sea lapping around our ankles.

To wear sunglasses? or not?. Some people wear them due to light sensitivity. And some don't if there is a group of us in your story then having with them on will be fine.

Are they a Democrat? Or Republican? Yes America as someone over the pond from you with Autism I know those words (and so do many people with Autism). Or in Britain what is their views?. Or think about your own country.

Brexit? or EU?. This could be a big deal for your character/s. Maybe they don't even care.

You can see where I'm going with this right?. This could be good for a bit on conflict. And a bit of drama to your story. It will not be offensive to do it(in my opinion). And if it is going to be a silly thing to you and its a big deal for us. Then write it. We are aware of our world, some more than other.