And repeat

So Autistic people are known for repetitive behaviours. Guilty as charged. So try and make us have one continuous behaviour through your story then readers are likely to know the character especially if it is sound. See if your has a drum beat or hit three times thing or even a clap. Readers will be able to realise that your character is coming down the hallway. So when your main protagonist is coming back around from hitting her head. And hears a familiar drumming. She will know who it is and so will your readers.

Jamie's dad always knew where Jamie was by the tapping on the radiators.

Don't forget you can add visuals into it as well.

Jamie's mum could see Jamie was upset as he rubbed the top of his left hand.

But don't overdo it. Not every page but now and again. Make up your own one or a normal one like tapping a foot. This behaviour can be used for excitement or upset or listening to someone. We do that sometimes.

There is a term called stimming like stimulation. Like those using spinners and flapping our hands, fidgeting with the pen, chewing on hoodies, grinding teeth. And even rocking forward and back and I could happily add more. So in your story write a stim. What do you do? Or others around you?. What about the motion of a swing or roundabout. Its can be great I love the swings but my thighs don't like it anymore. And use the word. I'm sure we will be thrilled with that word. 

Jamie played with the elastic string on the end of the end of his hoodie. Happily stimming to him self.

See how I did it.