Looking at a character the basics

So as all of you know maybe how to make a basic character by now. Think in that way like a normal person (Because we are). By starting of here it may be easy for you. And you can adapt it into a more accurate version of Autism. Depending on your your experience you may never have met some one. So it will be hard to know what to do or start. And even be scared to write it. If you have meet some of us use your experience on it. If you have meet a ton of use or someone who close to you it will be much easier to channel that experience. If you are Autistic use your own experience.

I decide that we are going to have a character called Jamie his going to be our example. A bit of a stereotype cliché. He is a guy, white, brown hair, tall and slim. Hopefully we will make some friends for him on the way. Who are from different  diverse background.

Sensory issues are a big symptom with Autism people will think of. And might be a go to place for you. So lets say the flashy light. To me its annoying. If I stood on the red carpet with the paps flashing at me  and yelling at me. I would do two seconds and go.  Lets have an example of Jamie. 

Jamie walks in the bar. He sits down as he scans the room he notices the flickering of the florescent light. It was distracting and irritating for him.

  See what I did there. I said how it irritated him and I didn't mention he had Autism. Or

Jamie goes to the night club with his friends. He was a bit nervous before. As he knew it was likely going to have strobing lights. But he did not want to let his friends down.

This shows a bit more of how he feels. He is aware that it will have something he is not going to like. There is also the social pressure to go. These two examples are a good way of making it point more to Autism. With the example of flashing lights.

Jamie notice the light was blinking "Its blinking again" he yelled downstairs. "Someone really needs to sort the light out" he mumbled to himself irritated by it.

I know he could do it himself. But really we don't know what his situation is. He might not be allowed to change because of the safety procedure his support workers. Or he can and his lazy and getting his housemate to do it. He is our example. 

See if you had already have character written down. These try of examples could be used to your existing charters. To show they have Autism or a sensory issue. But really think of your own way to write it.

Also do you remember Sam from Atypical running out of the strip club with his friend. He did not like those lights.