Sensory

Lets continue with this sensory theme. of course there is clothes lets try with an itchy woollen jumper scenario. To us it will be hard to sit still whilst wearing clothes that itch. Have you every seen people you know struggling with clothing? Did they hide it? Or did they rip it off?. A person I know had trouble with their underwire bra. Which some ladies might understand this trouble?

Jamie tried to keep still whilst listening to his friend. The jumper was really itchy  and he was starting to worry he was going to to get a rash or something. His friend started to notice that he was struggling with something.

Or..

Jamie tried on the jumper he did not like the feel of the fabric on his skin. "No" he said "This is not the jumper I want". He threw it and landed on his mums head which took her by surprise, along with the other customers in the shop.

We talk how he does not like the feel of the fabric on his skin. And that his friend notice his struggling with something. In a comical version we have his mum taking him shopping. And he does not like the feel on the jumper and throws on his mum. Your character can be comically or serious or something different.

Jamie stroke the werewolf's fur it felt sort and satisfying in his figures. He would happily spend a day stroking him. The rhythm of the wolfs breathing was also calming.

"Wait Autistic people can be near werewolves?" you cry to me "is it allowed?". Well there is not many examples of Autistic people in Film, TV and Stories a so I'm going  with yeah. If you guys can run around with werewolves so can we.

I have to tell you that there is being over sensitive and under sensitive with autism. Like under sensitive to taste might be spicy food or really sweet things.

Jamie likes his tea strong and sweet. It felt good as drank the hot liquid through his lips. 

See Jamie likes his tea strong and sweet.

The smell of the gone of milk was horrible. Jamie tried not to gag as it irritated his nose.

Sound is is another example people will think of. It is one everyone will also think of. Sudden noisy can be upsetting. Like all the pans dropping in the kitchen it will make a noise!!. Have your character jump out of their skin. And the other reassuring it is ok with empathy. I would run into the kitchen out of curiosity.

For more information try the National Autism Society (in the UK). And search up what is autism and find the sensory section. Or your own national one in your country. There is a video I once saw where the National Autistic Society did a film of a boy going in to a shopping centre. And it showed him struggling. And then another one of a girl being asked two questions at a time. This was part of too much information campaign.