Broken Dreams

"It's 3 AM."

"Mhm."

"And we're wandering on the streets again..."

"Yeah, lol."

Taehyung turned to look at Jungkook, a small frown drawing on his perfect young features. Jungkook returned his glance then looked away, licking his lips as he shifted the gear.

"Hey its not like its my fault Jin hyung threw us out in the middle of the night! Dont look at me like that."

The silver head quirked a neat brow and continued to softly glare at the said man, who then sighed in response.

"Fine, maybe a little of it was my fault and so what? Huh? Most of it's on you because you were the one to seduce me in the first place." Jungkook scoffed, irritably twisting the steering over to an unknown turn.

"Me? I seduced you? How?" Taehyung was genuinely confused, but his heart didn't fail to flutter at the near compliment.

"How else? You know for yourself." The ravenette huffed, not looking in his direction.

"By standing in the kitchen?" The younger pursed his lips, bringing up a sweater pawed hand to cover his  giggle.

Jungkook glared at him, pressing harder on the gas.

"No, but i think getting butt naked right in front of me and in the middle of the kitchen could be considered a sign, i mean- IDK." The boss rolled his eyes, side eyeing the boy who finally burst into deep ringing laughter.

Taehyung stopped after a while, little giggles still leaving his lips but his heart sighed in contentment. He liked this. Whatever that was going on between the crazy gangster and the dainty cop he'd kidnapped a few days back. He never thought it would come down to that when he decided to flee the country with the mafia that too for a crime he didn't even commit.

The more he thought about it, the more he realized it was no longer about him not having any other place to go to. It was more about him not wanting to go to any other place but where he was right now.

Any other place that didn't have an all powerful, crazy gang leader wanting to make him his.

Sure, he was exhilarated to the core when the mob boss nearly freed him back in the flight to America, the then Taehyung wanting nothing else but to return home. But now that he thought about it, he wondered what was he so eagerly hoping to return to?

A lonely cottage with that musty single bed? Or an even deserted police station with a bunch of policemen who acted like his friends but actually never cared about him?

The only man who he thought cared about him was the head constable of Seonchang police county. The old man had known his late adoptive father and had taken the boy under his wing despite his young age and extreme lack of skill just so he could have a job and support himself.

Taehyung sighed slowly, thinking about the old man. Even though he hadn't tried to contact him yet, and there was this high possibility that he too had given in and believed the false accusations put on Taehyung, he missed him.

He was like his own father figure until now... atleast until Seokjin came along that is. Subconsciously his mind drew back to the times the old man had his back when no one else did.

"What are you thinking about?" He heard the ravenette question him, and quickly masked the momentary gloom with a small smile.

"Nothing," he quipped, peering out at the empty grasslands that now lined the roads.