3

EZRA

"Because birds can leave when the winter comes."

Shit, why did I say that out loud?

Yes, the connection I feel with Harry goes way beyond physical but this is too much too soon.

The words just tumbled out of my lips.

"Does the winter come a lot for you?" He spoke so softly almost as if he was afraid to ask.

"More than I'd like," I responded vaguely hoping we could talk about something else.

I continued to trace his tattoos and felt his lips press into my forehead. The comfort I felt from his touch was something I didn't want to feel.

I didn't want to feel anything for him but while I lay in his arms it's getting harder to deny.

I looked up from where my eyes were glued to his chest and saw him looking out over the city. I took this time to admire his side profile and every part of his face.

He's so handsome, there's no denying that. But the beauty he holds comes more from his heart. His looks are just an added bonus.

"It comes a lot for me too," he said softly.

My heart squeezed in my chest and I hummed out the lyrics from Feeling Whitney, "and I ain't scene the light of day in, well that's not important, and it's been long."

"I always felt that line more than I ever thought I would," he said turning to look at me.

"You know what else I love about birds?"

"Tell me, angel," he hummed.

"Winter always ends."

He looked at me with an unreadable expression and I kissed his shoulder softly.

"You make me feel like I can just be Harry."

My heart was beating rapidly and my mouth parted slightly as I tried to comprehend what he was saying.

"There's no prying eyes, I don't have to worry about my words being twisted. It's just Harry and Ezra."

"I don't know if you want to know just Ezra," I laughed lightly.

"I think she's pretty great," his words brought a blush to my cheeks.

"Not many people like Ezra. But they love Ezra Love," I shrugged not able to look away from his gaze. "Just Ezra is sad sometimes, she's afraid of love. She's invisible. She's been hurt and doesn't know how to let people in. Ezra Love is a good girl. Who doesn't make a sound, she listens to what the label wants, the publicists, the talk show hosts. If Ezra Love has been single too long then Ezra Love goes on a date. If Ezra Love gets touched inappropriately then she stays quiet because she should have worn pants or longer shorts. A good girl doesn't talk about her views. A good girl smiles and waves at the expense of herself. Meanwhile just Ezra is home with her cat every night crying because of how cruel the world is. Just Ezra wants so badly to let someone in but the fear of letting the wrong person in is too much. I have a fear of being alone and in the past it only left me with a broken heart from trusting the wrong people."