PROLOGUE

watermelon sugar high
watermelon sugar

Good luck tonight, I'll be the girl crazily screaming  GO MITCH  AND SARAH at the top of her lungs! Oh, and Sarah, give 'em hell on those drums!

Good luck tonight, I'll be the girl crazily screaming GO MITCH AND SARAH at the top of her lungs! Oh, and Sarah, give 'em hell on those drums!

Once I sent the text in the group message I have with Mitch and Sarah I place my phone in my small purse and try to find the restricted seating Mitch had made sure I got. Jolie came with me and was holding my hand as I moved us through the crowd.

I was wearing cut off black jean shorts that you couldn't see over my loose graphic tee. One black boot and one white on each foot because who wants to wear the same shoe? And my trusty pearl necklace that I never take off.

Concerts have always been a safe place for me

Concerts have always been a safe place for me. I mean, I've played my own shows—never to this scale— but the stage is kind of the place I most feel like me.

I have a show tomorrow night and I'm so excited about it. It's a shorter setlist and a handpicked crowd to show some new stuff I've been working on.

Only a few people asked for pictures if they recognized me but I safely found our area we are going to be in.

I knew Mitch would be nervous. He was always nervous before shows but like always, he killed it when he was on stage.

Mitch has been trying to get me to meet Harry for 4 years now. It just never worked out. But tonight, I should be going backstage after the show and meeting the whole band. Of course I knew Sarah, we practically became best friends the first time I met her.

Sitting in this arena I was unbelievably proud of Mitch. He was playing on sold out tours. We went from playing dive bars across LA to Mitch practically living on the road for the past 4 yours. Our friendship didn't change too much though.

When he left for Jamaica I thought I'd actually die but we ended FaceTiming almost everyday. Then he had tour for Harry's first solo album. That's when he fell in love with Sarah and I was so happy for him. Mitch always found it hard to express his feelings when first getting to know someone but once he finally told Sarah about his feelings for her I saw him change. He became much more open and willingly talked about himself.