Chapter Six

Percy was fast asleep, that much he knew.

He was walking through a meadow of flowers all colours under the sun. Pink, blue, yellow, purple, orange, red. The sun in question was hanging high in the sky. Judging by its position in the sky it was around midday. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, as if Zeus was having a good day.

Someone was holding his hand and the scent of brass filled his senses. He felt warm all over, a fluttery feeling in his chest.

"It's beautiful," he breathed.

"Not as beautiful as you are, my love."

Percy turned around and saw Apollo softly smiling at him. His long hair flowing in the slight breeze. It seemed even the wind gods wanted to know what his hair felt like. His eyes were a perfect mirror of the sky. Percy thought that Apollo's eyes reflect the closest path to the sun, it would explain how he saw his gorgeous eyes go stormy when Zeus was in a foul mood.

Wait how do I know that? Percy questioned himself internally.

Percy smiled back at the sun god, tilting his face up slightly.

Why am I shorter than him? We're the same height! Percy thought, a seed of doubt beginning to form in his stomach.

"I can argue that you are far more beautiful than I," Percy replied smoothly. With a jolt he realised that they were speaking ancient greek.

Apollo moved closer to him, cupping his face with his free hand. "I would say that I would argue but I do not believe my heart could take it."

"You always know what to say, Apollo," Percy found himself saying. He broke their hands apart and looped both his arms around the god's neck. In retaliation Apollo wrapped both his arms around his waist, pulling them together.

Percy went red but couldn't bring himself to look away from Apollo's eyes. He found himself understanding what the saying 'eyes are the windows to the soul' meant. He could see Apollo's adoration for him, his protectiveness, his fondness, his willingness to do anything for him. He could clearly see the love Apollo held from him in those mesmerising irises of his. Percy found himself getting lost in his eyes.

Apollo moved one hand up and pressed it higher up against Percy's back, pulling them closer once again.

Apollo leaned in a pressed a soft kiss to Percy's lips, "I love you Hyacinthus."

Percy awoke with a violent shake, breathing heavily. He had his face pressed against the pillow. Someone else was nearby so Percy matched his breathing to theirs.

He shifted slightly so his head was more on the pillow and closed his eyes. Falling back asleep.

He was standing on a ledge, one he hadn't had dreams of for 13 years.

He was standing above Tartarus.

"Why hello little Perseus," said the smooth voice of Kronos. "I see you are a god now, how is that working for you?"

Percy stepped back from the edge. Frantically looking around him. Peering into the shadows.

"Why do you care Kronos?" he yelled into the void. "Want to taunt me about it? Huh. Try your best! You can't get through to me anymore!"

"I don't need to try, it is quite easy. Afterall it's all in your head, enjoy Tartarus again grandson."

"What?"

The ground fell beneath him, sucking him down into the darkness below. Kronos' laughter echoing around him

The fall lasted seconds in darkness before he could see the vast wasteland that the greeks called hell. Since  becoming a god his vision had certainly improved. He could see every beast that hunted across the skin of Tartarus. The horrors that flew through the air. The black water of the styx directly below him.