52

Marcus pov:
This whole day has been about my precious baby girl, like it should be on her seventeenth birthday. Well, every birthday! But this is the very first one I am able to celebrate with my wonderful daughter. So of course I plan on spoiling her rotten! Which is rather hard since my bambina isn't too keen on getting gifts. The sweet thing is afraid of draining anyone off of their money, which is impossible. But she is stubborn and won't accept any explanation about that topic. She even always scolds everyone who buys her, in her eyes, too expensive presents. Of course no one takes it personal since we all know that this is a big part of her sweet personality, so we simply laugh about it and gift her everything anyway. To see her crying in complete delight at the very thoughtful gift she got from each of her mates made my heart melt. My beautiful mate also has been cuddled into my chest the whole time as we watch our baby girl enjoy her special day with everyone that cares for her and loves her dearly around. Somehow i do have a feeling that this day might get even more special than expected. I can't say why, but I have this assumption that she might want to get changed into a vampire today. Her quiet talk with her mother as well as Jane and Alec this morning also only made me think that even more. But since no one has said anything about it till now, I will stay quiet about my assumption and let my daughter make this decision on her own. It's a very important and personal one after all! No matter what she might decide though, or even if she never wants to get changed at all, I will forever be by her side! That's my duty as well as utmost pleasure as her father!
„You look rather happy brother." Aro says with an honest smile suddenly standing on my right side.
„That i am indeed. How couldn't I? with my lovely mate in my arms and our daughter enjoying herself." i simply reply with a wide smile. Not too long ago the simple thought that i could be smiling ever again was grotesk, but now with my mate and our sweet daughter around it comes completely natural to me. At the beginning it was weird and foreign, but now it's the best thing. Especially since the two reasons my smile got back to me have accepted me right away! My little one has hugged me and welcomed me into her life the first time we met without any hesitation or second guessing! And my precious mate, she simply blew me away from the second my eyes fell onto her! And don't let me forget the moment she frankly stated that she knows that I am a vampire! Back than she rendered me speechless for the first time ever in my experience right there in the middle of the restaurant!
„We are very happy to see your smile back on your lips. It has been way too long we were able to see you like that." Caius says just as softly as Aro did, throwing me out of my brain and back into our here and now. My wonderful mate hugs me even tighter with a shy smile on her kissable lips. She really is a joy to be around. My personal treasure that I will forever do anything for!
„Sorry to interrupt you guys, but it's your turn to hand over your gifts." Emmet tells us with an apologetic look. At hearing that though I smile excitedly. My mate and I agreed on one joined gift, which is a slightly similar one as her mates had. But we also each bought a few other ones for her. How couldn't I go all out for the first birthday from my sweet daughter!? i also am rather anxious to find out what she will say to her presents. Hopefully she will like them!
„Come on Marcus! I want to see my sweethearts reaction!" my hyper mate says in excitement. Even jumping on the spot in giddiness and extrem joy. She is just the most precious being I ever met and a true joy to have around. Having her as well as our wonderful daughter next to me now is definitely worth every second of loneliness in my life until Meeting them. So with a wide smile on my lips, I lead my still hyper mate towards our happily giggling daughter. Jane and Alec of course not too far away from her. Still you can see her constant look to make sure her best friends as well as family members, what she keeps on calling them much to mine and their joy, are still close to by her. She even asked me to please make sure that they feed regularly since she realized they where putting themselves behind everyone constantly. That's just how sweet and caring my daughter truly is.
„Mom! Dad! Look! Isn't it just absolutely stunning!" our sunshine happily says as she carefully lifts up one of the very first bound books of Romeo and Juliet. The book cover bound with dark brown leather and it even is a handwritten version instead of a printed one! So it's an incredible rare book! Even more expensive than rare! Not even I have one of those which pretty much says it all!
„Wow! I never saw one of those." Emma says in complete awh as she carefully caresses the leather.
„From Who did you get it from?" she questions still stunned as well as shocked anyone would even give away an art piece like that.
„Janie and Alec! They are incredible!" Clair says and looks lovingly at said two with sheer disbelief. Just like I am to be completely honest here. By them handing over something this important to my daughter is an incredible show of affection. It's kind of a way of showing her how deeply they accepted Clair as part of their family. Of course they did that already with that family bracelet they gifted to her. But this book has been by their side for over hundreds of years. Surely I knew that they have one of those, but they didn't even let anyone look at it! Forget even touch it, and now they hand it over to my sweet little daughter!? This is huge!!!
„We have two more of These. Never knew why, but after meeting Clair it kind of made sense." Alec softly explains to the two most important beings in my life.
„It's like we always knew that an important piece was missing and that piece was you. So it was only logic to hand over your book." Jane shyly says and gets attacked with a hug by my crying daughter who quickly makes Alec join the hug as well. Seeing this makes me feel all warm. Knowing that the twins never felt like they belonged or got accepted, so it's beautiful to see them finally finding their true family within my daughter and mate!