Chapter 8✔

Alishim Valima

The wedding was finally coming to an end. Zoya was glad that she hadn't missed the flight as she had hoped to, initially. She was glad she was here. It proved to function as a much needed get-away.

The time she had spent with Fazeela, Kainat and Azeem bhai and obviously Alizey were the best moments of her life. She had a new friend, Minaal. She was going to reminisce all of it when she got old. And as she would remember it, her lips would curl into an appealing smile.

Alizey had left after barat, and the farmhouse without Alizey felt gloomy even though it was still filled with loads of guests including Alizey's cousins and relatives and of course that creep Haris, who eyed her despite her not so subtle "NOT INTERESTED" hints.

Zoya was going to wear a sari today and so were Fazeela and Kainat. Last night, Zoya had cried in bed as she missed, her best friend. Zoya didn't know why she was so emotional, but she was.

" Zoye, I love your sari more now, can we switch again? " Fazeela said as she hungrily glanced at the laid-out saris which were laid out on the bed.

Kainat had ordered these saris from Amazon, and they were shipped from a boutique in Kochin, Kerala India. Kainat had found them as she was scrolling through her Instagram. And as soon as she saw the mustard sari, she fell in love with it. After checking out the collection Kainat had placed an order. She had selected pastel pink for Zoye, greyish blue for Fazeela and Mustard for herself. But when she had gifted them, Fazeela had switched and taken the pastel pink one. And now she was regretting that swap.

"Should have thought that before. A deal is a deal" Zoya told her as she gave Fazeela a sorry-not-sorry smile. Zoya had been secretly eyeing Fazeela's bluish grey sari and she had actually gotten it. Sometimes, Allah listens to your small not so significant prayers. And you find yourself thinking "kuch aur he maang letay."(should have asked for something else)

"Get ready, we are getting late for the valima. Kahin Aunty humaray bagir na chalain jaen.(Aunty might leave without us.)" Fazeela said as she grabbed her sari and went to change. Her makeup was already done, and she had curled her hair into beach waves.

Zoya was applying lip color, when the knock on the door interrupted her. "Zoya, yaar bus karo ho gaya. Bohat zyda best friend bana chahti hoo Alizey ki... Usi ghar main shadi ho k jana chahti hoo. Niceee(Zoya stop it. I see how you want to up your best friend games with Alizey. Planning to get married in the same household. Nice !!!))" Kainat said standing in the door.

She was looking pretty ravishing in the lime organza sari of her's. Her hair was secured in a bun and even had flowers in them. She was looking drop dead gorgeous. The DIVA!

Hearing her remark Zoya blushed the deepest darkest shade of red. Uff, she wasn't even trying to impress him. Usay kon karay ga impress! (Who wants to impress him!) She just wanted to look pretty and take tons of pictures. She was leaving tomorrow and going back her mundane life, so she wanted to make what was left of it, worth.

"Bakwass na karo!(Don't talk rubbish)
I can't stay in the same room as Irtaza. Shadi tu rehnay he does( Marriage is another thing)!!!
I just want to look good.
Aj ki pictures Instagram pay ja rahi hain.(Today's pictures are going to grace my insta)
Look at you though, Azeem bhai nay tumhain kamray say bahir kesay ana diya?(How Azeem bhai let you out of the room is beyond me.)
" Zoya asked as she winked at Kainat who was now looking flustered.

Tit-for-Tat Kainat, Tit-for-Tat

"Wait a min, Irtaza? I was talking about Moiez. But Irtaza bhi thek thak hai (Irtaza is okay too)!"
"But nikkah pay tu Irtaza, is just my type bol rahi theen?( But at Nikkah you were saying Irtaza is my type.)"
"Maan gayen na(Now you admit) ... he is just your type...." Kainat replied raising her perfect brows.
"Bakwas nai karo Kainat main(Shop talking nonsense Kainat)..." Zoya wasn't able to complete the sentence. She was awestruck by how pretty Fazeela looked in her sari. The pastel pink sari was actually complimenting her. With the complexion as white as her's, Fazeela was blooming in that sari. Her beachy hair which she had parted in the middle were falling on the sides. She was looking like an angel. Hoor!!! And so Zoya began singing the 'hoor' song she remembered. She had this talent, of relating a song with the current situation.