Chapter 5✔

Everyone was wearing something "Flowy" with a lot of layers so that it twirled whenever they danced. Zoya was wearing a Mustard/rust lenhnga with the chatta patti dupatta in shades of pink, blue and golden that was laced with the gotta on the edges. And jhumkay, her favorite golden jhumkay! Her hair was pulled in a braid, because she couldn't handle her open hair and lehnga at the same that.

Ajeeb! (strange) Why did Alizey have to make a theme for every function. Wear this, wear that! What if I trip in this lehnga? Who is going to pick me up? Huh? Mera tu koi shauhar bhi nai hai? Kahin giri pari hoon ge, koi uthae ga bhi nai? (I don't have a husband. I fall and no one will be there pick me up.) More importantly who is going to lift up my spirts and my exceeding low self-confidence if I do take a fall?

Zoya thought as she struggled with her mustard skirt. The cancan and the flowy skirt made her feel dreamy, wanting to twirl every now and then but the stairs were nightmare turned into reality. And damnation then there was the going to loo part.... She didn't want to think about it. She had avoided water like Chotay pandit from Bhooll Bhooliya the whole day in hopes that she won't have to go to pee.

(AUTHOR's NOTE: Remember the scene where Rajpal Yadev jumps everytime Akshay Kumar shouts PAANIII")

How was she supposed to get that chore done? Praying that she never has this overwhelming need to pee, Zoya marched back to the farmhouse to get those, dandiya (the sticks, p.s Gujrati frens please don't murder me...) which Kaiant had forgotten. It was unthoughtful of K(Kainat) to ask her to bring dandia considering she had twisted her foot three days back. Zoya could have said no. But could she have?

Zoya didn't know why she had always felt the guilt saying the word, "NO". It was just a N and an O but, no she felt the monstrous guilt blocking her windpipe which forced her to utter a "Yes". And if it wasn't a yes, then it was a lie. Like the one in case of Abdullah. She had lied and told him that she was already engaged to a Mamo ka beta, when she didn't have Mamo to begin with.

Zoya was holding her arms as she walked back to the farmhouse which was glowing from a distance. She was busy talking to herself, when she heard a voice.

"Leave me! I swear, if bhai finds us we are dead meat." Said a shy voice.

Okay! Just my luck to stumble upon the not so private couple. Yes zindagi, throw that to me. Make me feel single and miserable.

Zoya had decided to take the long way, just to avoid the couple hiding behind the bushes. Until she heard more of them and cursed herself for the bad turn.

"He won't kill his family." said a male voice. Even though he himself had said it, Zoya could feel a sense of doubt in his sentence.

"You know Moiez, he would. He still thinks I am his baby sister."
"But you aren't the baby he considers you to be. You are my baby, Minaal."

GROSS!! Is say behtar pickup line hai mere pass! (I have got a better pickup line than this.)
Oh shittt!!
Fuckity fudge chocolate browine. Its Moiez and Minaal.
How did I miss that?
Ufffff
She is right Moiez, maar day ga Irtaza tumahin.
(Irtaza will kill you)

Zoya wanted to shout. But at the same time, she didn't want them to know that she had heard them.

Deciding that she would talk to Minaal about it later, Zoya took the long turn hoping that they would get done with their "stuff" when she returned. Her foot was going to hurt like a little beetch due to the extra walk but "sahe lein gay".(will bear it) She told herself.

The dances were just about to start. She knew that because her phone kept buzzing. She had to be quick. She didn't want to miss the performances. On her way out from the farmhouse after grabbing dandiya, Zoya found Minaal standing beside the bushes. This time she was alone and sort of decent.