Chapter Thirty: When the Other Glass Slipper Drops

Holy moly look at the banner I'm just about to attach - asddfghjkl I love it so much (by ibrachey)

Other than that not a lot to say - I'm off to watch some Doctor Who (please don't put any spoilers I only just started watching it)

PLEASE ENJOY::

Chapter Thirty: When The Other Glass Slipper Drops

“Here.” I dropped the sandwich I had kept in my bag, still fully sealed in it’s packaging, since lunch in front of Isaac, who was sat at his desk even after the bell had rung indicating the end of the school day.

He looked up at me with a small frown.

Over the past few days there had been a crack in his usual armour that was making him snap at people so I wasn’t hurt or offended when he shook his head.

“Not now, Taylor.” He said, standing up from his seat, picking up his bag from the floor and slinging it over his shoulder.

“You need to eat, Isaac.” I told him picking up the sandwich again and holding it firmly out to him. His mum was all right, but she was still in hospital overcoming some of her more serious injuries, and I knew it was putting a strain on Isaac’s life. “You’re making people worry about you.” I told him, unwaveringly.

Isaac frowned a little. “I’m fine.”

“Prove it. Eat.” I said.

He stayed stubborn.

“Come on Isaac, you didn’t eat anything earlier. I know with everything going on with your mum-”

Isaac shook his head cutting me off. “That’s not why I didn’t eat earlier.” He said.

I frowned a little. “Did something else happen?”

“Sort of.” He shrugged. “Rachel and I…” He trailed off not finishing his sentence. Instead he clutched his hand into a tight fist.

“Isaac?” I questioned.

He shook his head. “Don’t want to talk about it.”

I frowned ready to argue about it, but instead of letting me Isaac let out a long breath, and reluctantly took the sandwich from me.

I bit my bottom lip to hold back what I wanted to say. He’d already said he didn’t want to talk about it. And at least this way he would actually eat. That was enough for me.

Watching my reaction Isaac frowned softly. “I don’t know why you do it, Tay.” He said eventually.

“Do what?” I asked him.

“Put up with me when I act like a first class ass.” He clarified.

I gave him a brief smile, holding in a small laugh. “That’s what best friends are for.” I told him, before I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check up on the time.

I really needed to get going soon.

“You busy tonight?” Isaac asked me, making me glance up again.

“Huh? Oh yeah.” I nodded my head, taking a second to click what he had asked me. “I’m meant to be meeting Jake today.” I explained. “He said he wanted to talk to me about something today – though he won’t tell me what.”

“Oh.” Isaac said, looking like he was about to say more, but he shut his mouth rather sharply quickly seeming to decide against it.

I gave him a curious look but didn’t question him about it.