twenty two

We returned back from Philadelphia last night at around 1:00 am. The jet ride home was practically silent, I slept through the whole trip. Everyone was physically and emotionally drained from the case.

It's currently 10:30 am. I'm at the track at quantico waiting for Hotch. Today was our final day of training before my fitness exam.

I was stretching when I saw a dark hooded figure start to walk my way. The man removed his hood, and I was greeted by a familiar smile.

"Morgan?" I asked, furrowing my brows in confusion. "What are you doing here? Where's Hotch?"

"Well good morning to you too, Sweet Cheeks."

We both laughed.

"He asked me last night on our way back to meet you here. He didn't really mention why." He shrugged.

"You've gotta be kidding." I murmured under my breath.

Was it because of the kiss? I thought we both agreed it was nothing, unless he was lying too. I kind of hope he was lying.

"What? You wanted to train with the big man?"

I scoffed and my cheeks turned red, he had no idea.

"Oh my god." He said.

"What?" I asked as I stopped stretching and looked at him.

"You like him, don't you."

My mouth flew open, I guess he did know.

"Wha- What are you- I don't know what you're talking about." I awkwardly stammered my words.

"Carter's got a crushhhh" He joked.

"Derek, stop."

"I can't wait to tell the team about this."

I jolted my head to face him.

"Derek, seriously, stop. I- I can't. I don't like him, okay?" I said bitterly.

"Woah, woah, woah. Is there something you aren't telling me?"

I bit my lip and hesitated, he really was a good proiler.

"We- uh." I paused, I didn't want to tell him what happened.

He knelt down beside me, "You know you can tell me anything, right? I won't actually tell the team."

"We kissed." I blurted.

He raised his eyebrows in shock,

"You? Hotch? Kissed?"

I nodded and looked down.

"No way." He spoke, appalled at what I had just told him.

"It doesn't matter anyway. He told me it was a mistake, and I agreed."

"Well, he did just lose his wife last year. Maybe he does have feelings for you, he just doesn't think he's ready. Trust me, I've known that man for years, he does not handle emotions well."

"Thanks, Morgan." I said as I looked up to him.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road." He said as he stood with his hand out, helping me up.

I began to walk towards the track ring, but he stopped me.

"Where you going?"

"Uh, to run the mile?" I said, confused.

"He didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

The fit test is more than just a mile." He explained. "Get your butt back over here."