seventeen

"Spencer?" I asked as he slid a t-shirt over his head.

"Oh, you're awake." He said awkwardly.

The two boys glanced at each other quickly, and I could tell something was going on. I decided not to say anything; I didn't want to make the awkward situation worse.

"Alrighty. Well, I'm gonna head out." Reid said as he waved with his iconic 'white person smile'. He then exited the room to leave.

I groaned aloud and dug my head into the couch.

"I knew you'd be hungover. Do you remember anything?" Hayden scoffed.

"No." I admitted embarrassingly. This is why I never drink.

"Would you like me to fill you in?"

I sat up and sighed. Did I even want to know?

"No." I paused. "Yes?"

He laughed and began explaining,

"First of all, who knew you were such a light weight!" He laughed, "Anyways, and your new boss man were chatting up a storm."

My cheeks immediately turned a dark shade of red. I definitely embarrassed myself in front of him last night.

"Eventually, the team and I joined you two at the table. Morgan ordered another round, but you insisted you'd had enough. They didn't believe you, since you only had three drinks at that point, and practically forced you to continue celebrating."

I sighed in relief, at least I didn't do anything embarrassing.

"Oh yeah! I almost forgot, Hotch offered to take you home, but I wasn't sure if you would like that, so I said you could just crash here."

"He WHAT?" I screamed.

Hayden laughed, "So you would have liked it, huh?"

"Ugh!" I covered my face with a pillow. Great, now Hayden knew.

Knew what though? There's nothing there. He's your new boss, Devyn. No feelings.

--

I left Hayden's about an hour later. He made waffles for breakfast, so we ate and I headed home.

When I unlocked my door, I was greeted by Gunner jumping up, putting his front paws on my legs.

"Hi, Buddy! I missed you!" I knelt down to pet him.

I felt bad, yesterday was a long (but extremely good) day. He was alone most of the time, besides when Tabitha would come over to watch him.

My headache had gone away for the most part, thanks to Hayden's magical pill.

It was now 1:00 pm, and I decided to go for a run. I knew my body was not going to be happy with me, but I need to prepare for my fitness exam if I want to join the team in the field.

I went to my room and took off the clothes I had been wearing for way too long. They wreaked of booze from last night. I threw them in the hamper, and walked to my closet.

I rummaged through my options before deciding on a tight black athletic long sleeve crop-top, with matching high waisted leggings. I put on my white and black tennis shoes, then throw my hair in a high pony.

I attach Gunner to his leash, pop my AirPods in, and head off for the park.

At the park, we run five laps before Gunner starts to get tired. I brought him back up to our place and put fresh water in his bowl.

I refilled my water, and decided to go to the gym in my building. I usually only do cardio, hence why I run at the park, but I wasn't sure what the fitness exam was going to include.

I enter the gym doors to see a group of intimidatingly built men working out.

I swallow my nerves and walk over to the rowing machine to begin my workout.

After about an hour of switching between the different machines and ignoring the men's snarky comments, I could feel myself getting sore. I finished my water and exited the gym.

When I opened my door, I was once again greeted by Gunner at my feet.

I picked him up and he started licking my face. I laughed as we walked to my bedroom. I set him on my bed, and he curled up into a ball.

I go to the bathroom and take my hair out of its tight pony tail. I start the hot bath to relax my muscles, and add bubbles. I undress and hop in.

--

For dinner, I order a cheeseburger from the diner near headquarters. I get ready to go pick it up, wearing a dark orange crew neck and black leggings. Then, I braid my wet hair into a side braid.

I head off to go pick up my food, but decide to stop at work. I needed to clear off my desk before Monday, and I thought I should do it now while I'm out.

I park the car in my normal spot, and enter the building, getting a few weird looks. I shrugged it off and called for the elevator.

When the doors opened, Hotch stepped out. He wasn't wearing his normal suit, he wore a brown quarter zip with blue jeans. It was quite attractive.

"Carter? What are you doing here? How are you feeling?" He asked, standing in between the elevator doors so they didn't close.

"I'm fine... now." I laughed, "I was just coming to clear my desk."

He nodded as we awkwardly stared for a few seconds.

"Well, I better get going." He muttered as he quickly hurried off.

"Bye?" I said quietly, entering the elevator alone.

I exited the elevator and saw only a few people walking around.

This was the emptiest I had ever seen my floor.

I grab a box from the break room and walk over to mine and Hayden's desk.

I start clearing my drawers and removing all my personal belongings from the top. I sighed when I finished, feeling quite sad.

I set the box on the floor and take my final seat in my chair. I grab a sticky note and scribble the words,

"Miss you already :(
-D.C"

I stick the note on Hayden's neat desk, grab my box, and head off. I was about to leave, when I saw Margret sitting at her desk with her head in her hands.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"First Grant and now you." She sighed. "I gotta find another replacement."

I laughed, she was strictly about business.

"I'm sure you'll find someone!"

--

I put my box in the back of my car, picked up my dinner, went home, and ate.

After dinner, I jumped in bed and fell fast asleep for the night.