👑 Chapter Thirty Eight 👑

MARINI'S POV

Pacing was actually Isaacs thing but at the moment I was the one doing it. I was going to Meru to settle my debt to the council as well as pay my dowry so I could get it over and done with. Nervous was an understatement to what I was feeling. For the first time I had actually gotten dressed before Isaac because my nerves were everywhere.

I had been planning the day for weeks and now that it was finally at hand I felt confused. It's like I had been in a bubble so focused on the future I hadn't realized that I'd get to that future one day. It was becoming all too real and no matter how hard I tried to calm myself it wasn't working. Paying my dowry meant I had agreed to the elders directives and was actually getting married. I was getting married to Isaac in a few days and it felt like it was only now dawning on me. I had been wearing his ring for two months and now it was like a heavy cross I had to bear.

I had decided to put all the events in one week so I could deal with them and be done. The paying of the dowry was on a Tuesday and then we'd rest on Wednesday because I would definitely need a break after dealing with those men. Isaacs family would arrive on Thursday and the rehearsal dinner would be that evening. We would have the bachelorette and bachelor party on Friday before the wedding happened on Saturday. Talk about one hell of a week.

"I thought pacing was my thing."

I jumped at the sound of Isaacs voice and turned to face him my hand clasped over my chest.

"You scared me and trust me I know. I'm just too nervous about today."I admitted.

"I know and I am too but we've known it was coming for weeks and we prepared everything so don't worry. It will all be okay."Isaac assured me.

"How can you be so relaxed?" I asked him wrapping my hands around myself in a protective stance.

"Because I know that at the end of it all I'll get to call you my wife."He smiled and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't bring myself to smile back.

"Yeah that."I huffed.

"Any more excitement and I might just marry you now."Isaac replied sarcastically and I was not impressed.

He noticed that I was not myself and he got closer and pulled my hands into his.

"Now you're worrying me. What's wrong?"He asked looking very concerned.

"I don't know. I just feel like everything is happening all at once and its clouding my mind preventing me from thinking clearly."I admitted.

Instead of replying Isaac just pulled me into his arms and hugged me tight against him. I wrapped my hands around his waist and snuggled into his chest. He smelled so good I couldn't resist the urge to take a deep breath of his scent and let it waft into my nose calming my nerves.

"Before I say anything else I just want ask you one thing. Do you still want to marry me?" He asked sounding very vulnerable and I pulled away from his chest to look into his eyes.

He was already looking at me and I put my hands on his cheeks my thumbs caressing his face. His blue eyes held nothing but love for me with a little bit of fear.

"Without a doubt."I promised meaning it.

Marrying Isaac was surprisingly the only thing that didn't freak me out because it was about me and him. Everything else involved so many other people it just didn't settle well with me.

He took my hands in his and gave them a squeeze.

"Then listen and listen carefully. I love you Marini and its okay if you don't feel the same. I have enough love for the both of us. I can't wait to marry you and call you mine forever. It's just a few more days of a little hustle and bustle there until we seal the deal. I've seen you under more pressure than this and you always come through. I just want you to know that I'm so proud of you and I'm going to be with you every step of the way."He assured.