Chapter 2 (Green dale).

"I run a small diner that's just 5 minutes from our home. You're going to be helping out after your classes you think you can handle that?" Jonas asked while he stole glances from me to the road. I sighed deeply already not liking the fact that he felt like he could somewhat tell me what to do. But it was either this or go to rehab for God knows how long. So like the good submissive daughter that I am.

I nodded slightly as I traced my fingertips on the raindrops that fogged the window of the car. Green dale seemed fairly tolerable. I glanced at the palm trees that were planted on each side of the sidewalks. 'Almost like Hollywood.' I thought before rolling my eyes. "What about my car?" I asked turning around to face Jonas as he drove. I'm 20 years old I'd be damned if I was treated like a 15 year old. I am grateful for the gesture of him accepting me in his home. But I am not a kid and I didn't need a babysitter.

"Well remember your current accident with subtance abuse. I was thinking we could take things slow see how you cope with everything. Then I promise you we'll get you your car back." Jonas said. Great. Now he wants to be a great father. I guess Jonas saw the unpleasant expression on my face because he sighed and said "I know you think you're grown Jade but I only want to be here for you." I quickly slipped my earphones in not wanting to continue this conversation or respond to his previous statement.

Besides, what exactly was I going to say?

'Gee, thanks dad?'

The guy missed out half of my life I literally just saw him for the first time on my 2oth birthday. Am I supposed to forget all that I've been through? because he's suddenly man enough to own up to his responsibilities?

"We're here champ!" Jonas beamed before turning off his car engine in the drive way of a small farmhouse. That was fairly nice if I was being honest it had a homey vibe. I narrowed my eyes at the front door of the small house. As I saw a pregnant woman walked out with a small boy that couldn't be older than 10. She smiled widely and waved at me or Jonas which ever one of us. Which caused me to roll my eyes and turn my head away. "Let me find out you were living happily this entire time with your prefect little family. While I was surviving hell, I guess my mom and I weren't good enough, huh?" I spat coldly before hopping out of the car and walking right past the woman and the child. Not daring to say a word.

He left when I was born because he didn't want the responsibility but has a whole family living with? I'm no one's charity case. I'm starting to think I should've chosen rehab. But since I'm here now I don't mind making his life miserable. Besides, I kind of owe him that much. Don't you think?