Chapter 13

I kept my eyes shut tightly, I could feel Asher’s stare on me but I dared not open my eyes because I was not at all interested in watching him in his naked glory. Though I couldn’t keep doing this for long when Asher started speaking, “Baby girl, I’m being very nice to you right now, so appreciate that and don’t you dare try running away from me. Do you get that?” I just nod but he didn’t like that and he comes closer to me than he already is and now I could feel his hot breath on my neck and he softly whispers, “Alyne next time when you are talking to me, look at me and don’t just nod, use your words. Do you get that?” I fucking stammer while answering him, “ye…yes.” But my eyes were still closed, so he found a very interesting way so that I would immediately look at him and that is to kiss me on my neck, it was not even a proper kiss, just a small peck but even that small peck created havoc in my body. And I felt light-headed and if this was the case when he didn’t even kiss me properly, I wonder what would happen when he actually would kiss me in real?
Well, a simple peck, and I instantly opened my eyes and looked at him dazed. But soon our moment was broken when we heard some rustling a few meters away from us, we became conscious of our surroundings, Asher started sniffing the air to look for any danger and suddenly became alert and said, “Rogues”. Listening to this irritated me, I mean come on not again, don’t these rogues get tired of entering other people’s territory and attacking their people?
Asher quickly shifts into his big black Woolf and so do I in my silver Woolf. Once I shift into my silver Woolf, Asher intently looks at me because he has never seen my Woolf before. And I mind linked him and ask him to focus on the trouble ahead and then, later on, he can ogle at my Woolf. And this seems to bring him back on track, though he asks me, “ To go back home and he will handle it here also he will call Chris if he needs help.” I rolled my eyes listening to it, he dared to underestimate me and my powers but I calmed myself down saying that, “It’s okay Alyne, this is not the time to fight amongst each other and secondly he doesn’t yet know the real you. So let it go for now.”
Asher howled loudly which was like throwing a challenge towards the rogues that if you have guts then come out and fight, don’t just hide behind the bushes like cowards. And voila, all of them came out, there were a total five of them. And from there I could recognize one person, he was the same one from the attacks last time. He was left unconscious last time, seems to have recovered pretty well. I quickly share this info with Asher and he sees red. He was ready to kill them but I asked him to calm down and not do something in haste which might cost him later on.
We were waiting for them to move forward because they were still a few miles away from us watching our every move. They wanted us to attack first like always so that they could call it a war, but we were smarter than that. We also kept silent and did not make any movements instead kept a close watch on their movements and it was just a staring game going on. Nobody made the first move, I was glad that there was no fight happening but I wanted to know the reason behind their constant appearances, what did they want? What was their motive behind showing up in our territory?
This staring at each other and keeping a close watch on each other went on for a few more minutes before they turned around and left. I was shocked to see that they did not do anything but just stand watch and leave. I looked towards Asher to see he was also confused like me and did not understand what happened and why. Once they left our boundaries, Asher and I decided to go back home because by now it was already night time and I was tired of being out of the house the whole day. I hardly had any proper food or rest and right now I wanted to have a long relaxing bath, eat some good food, and sleep but that was a distant dream because I had more important matters to solve at hand. 

Voila here's another chapter. Keep reading 🤗