Chapter Two

|5:30am|*Alarm blaring*

"Ughhh shhhhh" turning it off I sat up and checked my notifications seeing my mom has called me 10 times and messaged me repeatedly. Sliding out the notifications I called her and she picked up fast as hell lol.

"I'll call you when I land my ass girl, you had me scared out my mind" she said so loudly I removed the phone from my ear. "Lady please it's 5 am on my side my brain hasn't even turned on ma, I apologize I was so jet lagged I completely forgot" I said calming her down and walking to my bathroom.

"Well hmm, ya aunt Shirley pregnant chile"

Choking on my toothbrush, I was gagged "Ma she's 45 with 7 kids when is she gonna chill out"

"8 now girl and When her pussy falls off I guess chile " she roles her eyes "anyways my darlingggg are you excited for your first day? Please take some pictures so I can put you on my Facebook".

At this point I'm full blown cracking up " very excited mommy and I will take pictures just for you but I have to get ready now so I'll Tex-"

"Callll me, why yall don't wanna call anymore everything is a got damn text now"

Not being able to stand her anymore "mom I gotta go love you". Starting the shower up and waiting for it to warm up I decided to pick out my outfit and call down for some coffee. Fred already texted me saying he's otw so I hopped in the shower and got to it.

*20 minutes later* |outfit ^|

Walking off the elevator I was greeted by Sharpton handing me my coffee. "Thank you Sharp, you are too kind" he blushed at my comment replying with You're welcome. Heading out the door I told Nina the receptionist to have a great day and was pleased by the beautiful weather and Fred's amazing morning energy.

"Good morning Fredrick" I beamed at him as I stepped in the car.

"Good morning Ms white, are you excited or nervous Orr a lil bitta both? He replied

"Aggh I wish I knew so I'll say a lil bit of both, I'm good at what I do I'm just a little nervous about meeting new people" I said sulking in my seat

"Don't you worry Ms White I'm sure you'll have an amazing first day and I'll be more than happy to hear about it later. You got this!" Hearing him speak life into me made me feel a little sad. My father still hasn't reached out and it's bugging me a bit.

Knocking me out my thoughts we came to a complete stop meaning we were here, peaking out the window at this huge building I gulped. My company has a cute 4 floors. This shit is 16 floors minimum, I stopped counting after Fred opened my door. Hopping out I gave him one last look and he gave me two thumbs up.
"Go do yo thanggg Ms white" he said moving his head with his words. Giggling I headed in.

After scanning in I went up to the tenth floor to meet Mr Carter himself for my introductory meeting. I assume I'm late because everyone is already seated when I walked in (round table with 10 chairs). "Hello good morning, I'm Lia-"
I'm really tired of getting cut off. Rude

"Ahh Ms white please sit down, we are waiting for Mr.Carter now" I nod and sit in the available seat in the back next to a red head and handsome man. Quietly I pull out my notepad and pen then just relaxed while looking around the room. Very diverse group we have here hmm.

"Psst" looking towards the red head she held her hand out for me to shake.
"Geiana" "Lianet, nice to meet you"

"Likewise, you look like you work hard. I hope we're on this project together. Next to me is Mitch, he's Mr. Carters brother. We should get lunch together."

Cringing at her forwardness I politely decline " I would love to, just not today. I really wanna see how much work I'll have ahead of me. Once I figure that out we're set" she smiled and nodded at my response but couldn't respond. It's like the energy had shifted a bit. Hearing the door opening there he was the man of the hour. Mr Carter in the flesh. Suit fit him justtt right, as I gazed up to his face my heart started skipping.Damn he is fineee, like old school fine, panty dropper fine? Definitely

"Good morning team, we have a lot to go over so let's get started shall we?" He said not awaiting any responses then claps his hands while taking his seat at the head of the table.

"First things first, Ms white please stand up"

Now with a voice as smooth as butter I'd do whatever he'd ask of me. Got all these people staring at me making my hands sweat. Standing up locking eyes with him made me more nervous than before but I couldn't look away. His eyes held the key to my damn draws hunny. But I had to be professional.

" Good morning new comer, welcome to the company. Nice hat" he smirked making me blush.

"Thank you sir" I replied

"Please call me Carter, Sir makes me feel old. Your office number is 1256. You have a breakdown of what you're needed for on your desk and all other forms in there as well. If you have any questions please ask Geiana and she will be more than happy to help you. Right Gei?"

"I got her sir" she responded.

"Thank you, Ms White you are dismissed from today's meeting please head to your office" quickly nodding and heading to my office I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in.

I walked over to my desk observing the stack of papers and almost broke my neck reading the salary portion. 120,000 for a 6 month contract?! I wasn't even making that yearly at Moburst AND I get to have mental relations with Mr Carter?! Mario funny looking ass can't compete. Oh ima love it here for sure.

______________________________________
Excuse all mistakes please and thank you 😂 Darius has been introduced 🤭 now that we've got formalities out the way let's get intoooo it yuhhhh. Chapter 3 loading.....

Mr. Carter seems stern a bit 🤨